Treebuzzers competing in Nashville

TreeCo

Come on MB maybe they will have a seniors comp. and you and I can compete in the footlock.

hahaha

Dan_Kraus

Thanks for the compliments. So John, you like that swinging footlock? That was fun, something I learned on the rope swing at the old swimming hole.
I’m going to have to have a super fantastic day to get to do a masters climb this year. Last year I was able to squeeze in by only a 1/4 point. This year Jarred Abrojena and Charlie Wagner will be back, and in full force. This is going to be a great comp.

Yeah, I know how it goes. If there's 30 guys, 26 of them spend the next year saying "if only I'd have done it like this". What am I saying...make that 29.
It's like we gotta find a happy medium in our expectations. The fellowship is #1, but you can never stop trying to be #1, or else "what the hell are we trying to save?"

P.S. I thought what made the ascent sweet is that you completed everything else in time. As if its not hard enough to swing to the desired limb on the way up.

That Master's Challenge rocked. All four climbs were totally different, and I took something away from each of them.

P.S.S. Yeah, c'mon Masterblaster. Just go.

See you guys there

Colin

Administrator
Administrator
Hey Dan
Good being talking to you after such a long time! Hope you got my mail. All the best in Nashville!

allmark

Ill be there also for NY. I havent been buzzing much yet but will be in the future. My computer skills are still at the groundman level.

Kathy_Holzer

hey dan,
glad to hear the knee's holding up. see you there! i'm judging the work climb and women's masters - should be educational for me, plus getting to see up close some awesome climbing. is justina coming?
k.

Oxman

Here's Allmark in Big Jack. This is the descent after setting the Treeboats up for sleeping in the treetops.

Good luck representing the New York arborists in the 2005 ITCC, buddy. The beers on me (root beer, that is).

Attachments

Oxman

Here's a shot of Dan Kraus in the 10' dbh Bogachiel Spruce, about 3 months before the video was shot.

Knock 'em dead, Dan. As a member of the Pacific Northwest Chapter, ISA, I get to root for our hometown boy, right? The chapter contest for the 2006 Minneapolis ITCC is actually going to be held this September 24th, in Victoria, British Columbia.

Mike Kraus, from Hawaii, spent 3 days in the Bogachiel Spruce, without touching the ground. There was a spare Gramicci port-a-ledge lying around when Mike arrived at the conclusion of the Olympic Rainforest TREE Fun(d) Climb.

He grabbed it and some water bottles to deliver to the climbers upstairs, and headed up to help Ken & Rip with the de-rigging. He stayed up in the spruces until all the climbers in the video (except me) headed out to Seattle to begin setting up for the ISA conference. He decided to spend the night, sort of a 'crows nest lookout'. I went to rendezvous with the 10 other Moonlight Madness climbers, who were convening at the campground nearby.

The next morning, we showed up at the tree, and Mike Kraus was still up there. He had been up with the birds, watching the sunrise, listening to the river gurgling below. He made a great reception committee, helping everyone get secured as they made their ascent.

7 more Treeboats & sundry sleeping platforms were prepared, along with Mikes, and 8 of our people spent that night aloft. This included Greg, the cameraman from CBS News. Mike Kraus didn't come out of that pair of trees until the next day.

allmark

Ive been climbing since 1989 and competing since 1998. went to Conn in 1999 for mid atlantic(2nd place at local to mike cotter)and seattle in '02 for NY. Its always alot of fun. ive been to everyone to atleast watch since1997. great way to learn. Those redwood shots were from this spring. awesome climbs. Thanks to ox and all that helped. Any opportunity to get aboard a Tree Fund climb is well worth it.

Dan_Kraus

Hi Kathy, It will be good to see you again. Yes Justina is going, and her mom and pop too. See you soon.
Dam 50# weight limit.

Mark Chisholm

Administrator
Administrator
[ QUOTE ]
Dam 50# weight limit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Go first class- it's 70# there! /forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif

See you soon Dan!!!!

treebeach

Hey All,

The other regular TreeBuzzer will be competing next year after she watched sadly behind a judging clipboard. Go Kathy!

Nice job judging Kath, great to have you supporting the cause of the greater good. /forum/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

Kathy_Holzer

thanks melissa. i was glad to help, though i admit it was hard to have 2 feet on the ground as everyone else got to fly through the workclimb! i had no idea how exhausting judging is! thank you to all the judges of comps past and future - it's no easy task, i now know. for anyone considering judging, it was well worth the effort. i learned my event inside out and got a whole new perspective on the competition. and it's good to give back.

climb safe.
k.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom