Tree work in movies/television

Roger_Barnett

I read that Paul Newman really fugged up the filming schedule on Never Give An Inch, aka Sometimes a Great Notion.

They say he broke his foot trying to jump out of the bed of the crummy!

Fuggin rookie!

Jemco
Saw that movie way back when, maybe about the time I worked for a gyppo outfit out of Ketchikan for 3 weeks, summer of 1972. I was a total greenhorn. Seen the movie a few times since then. Newman cutting the union boss's desk in half with a Mac outfitted with at least a 42" bar was a hoot!

evo

Saw that movie way back when, maybe about the time I worked for a gyppo outfit out of Ketchikan for 3 weeks, summer of 1972. I was a total greenhorn. Seen the movie a few times since then. Newman cutting the union boss's desk in half with a Mac outfitted with at least a 42" bar was a hoot!
Sounds like you where there the same time my pops had a outfit up there. He was outside Criag

Mowerr

Just watched the new Conjuring movie. Pretty bad movie IMO. There was one scene where it looked like he was on spikes but I wasn’t paying much attention. He was not clipped in twice when going to make a cut either! Someone needs to call them up and have this movie pulled out of theaters.
I just saw it too. The story took place back in the late 70s early 80s I think. Very hard to tell if he had spikes or was tied in at all and idk what the rules and regs we're back then but they have a documentary on prime with the real people in it that I just watched yesterday which was pretty cool.
That scene was very weird and I only saw it once at the drive ins but it looked awkward like it was cgi green screen or something.

Tom Dunlap

Here from the beginning
Administrator
The opening vinette on 'Chicago Fire' was of a guy feet first in a chipper. His shoulders were at the edge of the infeed chute. The rollers had crushed his legs and the chipper was stopped when I tuned in. The rescue crew used their impact tools to dismantle the upper infeed roller. Then they lifted it out and pulled the worker out. Pretty tense scene but hard to believe that the worker wouldn't have bled out in that time. Oh well...like Dad would say when we pointed out large plot gaps...If that was true it wouldn't make much of a story would it?!

I surfed past the old 'Emergency' show and saw a guy laying in a tree. Backed up...guy was straddling a Y branch making it look like he was stuck. Rescuer free climbs up to him. A rope is tied to the limb...victim isn't secured...lowering rope is rigged through a branch over to the side. Rescuer downclimbs, puts a face in the side of the branch then makes a back cut to swing the branch, and victim, to the side. It all worked out.LOL I was expecting to see the hinge break and fall or the victim to fall out. Or, the rescuer who was cutting, and not tied in, to fall.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Arbor Expo
Top Bottom