Tree work in movies/television

Tom Dunlap

Here from the beginning
Administrator
Am I the only one who looks in the background or corners of the screen to check out tree work?

A while ago I posted a question about seeing some moss covered stumps with proper face and back cuts set in medieval France.

Seeing proper pollards in Europe is interesting.

I’ve seen fresh cut shiners too. The trees were elevated to cleanup the scene or for clearance to get the gear trucks in

The work I see always seems proper. I’m not looking for continuity errors like out-of-era weapons or clothing. Just some nerdy things i see

Anyone else?

JeffGu

I was watching a NetFlix series that took place in the 13th century and there were Mangalica pigs running around in the village. Since it's a breed developed in Hungary in the middle 19th century, I kept looking for other major screwups and did spot a tree that had clearly been pruned with a chainsaw. But, I definitely do look for mistakes by the continuity folks, so I tend not to notice whether the work was proper, just that it's wrong.

Mowerr

Yeah I always do this too. I think colb or bango or somebody started a thread in the tree free zone last winter or so about spotting tree work or saws and gear in movies and TV...

TreeVB

I'm with you in always looking in backgrounds for tree work. I was lucky enough to do some pruning for the second hunger games movie set and we had to spray paint every single cut to make it blend in. Strange they missed that stump because they seemed on top of it in a serious way.

VenasNursery

Am I the only one who looks in the background or corners of the screen to check out tree work?

A while ago I posted a question about seeing some moss covered stumps with proper face and back cuts set in medieval France.

Seeing proper pollards in Europe is interesting.

I’ve seen fresh cut shiners too. The trees were elevated to cleanup the scene or for clearance to get the gear trucks in

The work I see always seems proper. I’m not looking for continuity errors like out-of-era weapons or clothing. Just some nerdy things i see

Anyone else?

colb

Yeah I always do this too. I think colb or bango or somebody started a thread in the tree free zone last winter or so about spotting tree work or saws and gear in movies and TV...

Technically, gear and work are different... otherwise I'd gleefully invite @Tom Dunlap - he from the beginning - to use the search function, and perhaps reach out to @Joe_Biden about dealing with memory loss as a baby boomer... Alas, Tom is still too nimble in word and I'll have to bide my time until, perhaps, next month?

Jemco

I read that Paul Newman really fugged up the filming schedule on Never Give An Inch, aka Sometimes a Great Notion.

They say he broke his foot trying to jump out of the bed of the crummy!

Fuggin rookie!

Jemco

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts
Top Bottom