Tree motion chest harness

Jonny

Yes could do it with 550 cord or throw line easily. Might want to add some padding if it’s gonna be supporting a big saw or ropes or whatever that adds more weight.
I just got a new pair of suspenders in the mail yesterday, 7$ for these Craftsman ones from Sears website I think. Haven’t tried em yet, I got a decent pair of suspenders already but screw it they were 7$ and look like they’re made ok.

CC7DB97E-3985-4EC0-9D4C-AAFF7DCCF7F6.jpeg

Joeybagodonuts

Yes could do it with 550 cord or throw line easily. Might want to add some padding if it’s gonna be supporting a big saw or ropes or whatever that adds more weight.
I just got a new pair of suspenders in the mail yesterday, 7$ for these Craftsman ones from Sears website I think. Haven’t tried em yet, I got a decent pair of suspenders already but screw it they were 7$ and look like they’re made ok.

View attachment 63022

Oh dang you got those..! Those were actually what i wanted but couldn't find a version without the alligator clips. Have you tried them in action yet? Do they not constantly unclip from your saddle?

I thought about it for a bit, but couldn't think of what hardware to replace them with, without turning it into some mangled peice of gear.. Maybe some delta links like the Austria Harness has? Maybe some sort of textile/webbing hardware/connector thats designed to replace existing broken ones? Kinda like those Tri-Glides/TriBars that are mid-web attachable, but in a connector design. Idk.. there's a lot of compatable stuff out there, just gotta know where to look.

Jonny

The clips are definitely gonna go, i was thinking about little quick links, but first I’m gonna try 550 cord. Easy enough, pretty strong, and no added weight. Delta links would look good but the weight adds up.
I should just get a better buckle on the saddle. I never needed suspenders on my old Traverse and even older Master.
What I’ve been using lately are military pistol belt type load bearing suspenders, the H style but the Y style would probably work fine. Cheap knockoff but so far holding up fine, I only wear them with big saws or weight hanging off the saddle. Can probably find government issue for cheap but they’ll be olive drab green. There’s little spots that could become a tending point but I haven’t tried it. I don’t wear the suspenders unless I need to, usually spurs on spars, while I usually wear the Chestie for srt rope climbing. Sometimes I wear both Chestie and suspenders.

9F7831A1-E029-45E0-93CF-43CCC5900394.jpeg

Joeybagodonuts

The clips are definitely gonna go, i was thinking about little quick links, but first I’m gonna try 550 cord. Easy enough, pretty strong, and no added weight. Delta links would look good but the weight adds up.
I should just get a better buckle on the saddle. I never needed suspenders on my old Traverse and even older Master.
What I’ve been using lately are military pistol belt type load bearing suspenders, the H style but the Y style would probably work fine. Cheap knockoff but so far holding up fine, I only wear them with big saws or weight hanging off the saddle. Can probably find government issue for cheap but they’ll be olive drab green. There’s little spots that could become a tending point but I haven’t tried it. I don’t wear the suspenders unless I need to, usually spurs on spars, while I usually wear the Chestie for srt rope climbing. Sometimes I wear both Chestie and suspenders.

View attachment 63023

Oh woah.. sometimes you wear both? That would probably bother me.. But that's just me..

In order to bypass needing both, what you need to get yourself is a "Sternum strap" to wear on the suspenders. There's a gazillion ways to incorporate one into shoulder straps, especially if your running a tactical/military style setup with molle in it.
Here's just one place i found, to give you an idea as to what I'm talking about & how to implement it one. Some are "mid-web attachable" , in webbing terms, replaceable/replacement.

To be used with molle -

Universal - throw a floating d on there, cinch buckle connection over to one side & your in business.

In fact, this style of gear is the most modular across the board, there's millions & millions of dollars that gets pumped into innovating these load bearing systems & the end result alot of times is hardware & designs that are cross compatible with each other. Why we don't see this type of stuff bleed into our saddle/suspender designs blows my mind. I swear its like these gear manufacture have tunnel vision or something.

I thought the same thing about the Delta's.. something like this below, might be useful if wider. The 90 twist negates the need for swivel if connecting to a little D-ring like on the MB saddle. The other is just a lighter type of shackle..

Or

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts
Top Bottom