Trailer purchase

Better trailer for loading logs and occasionally brush?

• Total voters

Sfoppema

Participating member
@Gerasimek had a 26k COA unit for sale a couple months ago. The boom is WAY nice.

I'm in the same space as you, @Jehinten. Still looking for a 26k that I can stick a backpack toolbox, mini platform, and dump rolloff onto... They are either too expensive to buy outright, too inexpensive to get a loan on, or too costly to get financing based on my credit report. It's a crazy effed up world.
newtruck.jpg

I bought this last winter. Mini platform with no loss of toolbox space plus 14' box. It's nice, but with the chipper it is 52' long. Isn't too big of an issue in my location. 33,000lbs though. I bought it and got the cdl with this truck after that. Had to go 4 times. Very much worth it. CDL is way better. Pain to get it but its worth it

Sfoppema

Participating member
View attachment 77813

I bought this last winter. Mini platform with no loss of toolbox space plus 14' box. It's nice, but with the chipper it is 52' long. Isn't too big of an issue in my location. 33,000lbs though. I bought it and got the cdl with this truck after that. Had to go 4 times. Very much worth it. CDL is way better. Pain to get it but its worth it
Had the same set up but older with no toolboxes and shorter chip box with no nuts prior to this truck. Had planned to build out my own, then this one came up for what I thought was a great deal 42k. Did some paint touch ups, guy took very good care of it. 2009 boxes were put on 5 years ago. Have been doing well with it.

Jehinten

Carpal tunnel level member
View attachment 77813

Nice looking truck. I've been looking for a folding ramp for my mini skid, do you know who makes that ramp?

oceans

Been here a while
View attachment 77813

Have you put your new loader on there or is it just too big?

colb

Been here a while
View attachment 77813

That's very nice. I want a pruning/phc rig equivalent for urban work, so smaller bin and cab over isuzu-type to save 2 feet length. 18-20' cab to back. I also want to know about those ramps - how long, who made them, and if they are spring loaded?

Sfoppema

Participating member
Nice looking truck. I've been looking for a folding ramp for my mini skid, do you know who makes that ramp?
They are from discountramps.com I had bought the same ones for the truck that I made previously. I only had two of them and had some kickstands welded onto them. With three they are studier and been using for a year with no kickstand. It is a 48 inch platform so my mini fits with extra space. The giant I just got fits on it as well

Sfoppema

Participating member
That's very nice. I want a pruning/phc rig equivalent for urban work, so smaller bin and cab over isuzu-type to save 2 feet length. 18-20' cab to back. I also want to know about those ramps - how long, who made them, and if they are spring loaded?
Discountramps.com second set up I've had with same ramps. Not spring loaded. I can push all three ramps up by myself. It's much easier with a helper. I do lots of removals so extra chip space and ample toolbox space is worth more for me than being compact. Always give and take

Jehinten

Carpal tunnel level member
They are from discountramps.com I had bought the same ones for the truck that I made previously. I only had two of them and had some kickstands welded onto them. With three they are studier and been using for a year with no kickstand. It is a 48 inch platform so my mini fits with extra space. The giant I just got fits on it as well
Do you happen to have a link to them? I've bought ramps there in the past, 10' 10,000lb straight ramps, but I've had trouble finding ramps that fold that I'd trust the mini on. Most of what I've found have been ATV ramps with a max rating of 2000lb.

Thanks for the replies, I'm sure I could build my ramps but I'd rather have something purpose built and rated for the load.

Sfoppema

Participating member

This is not exactly what I have, but the closest I could find. It could be that they don't make the same type anymore as it has been a few years since I purchased them. Mine are not 12' long as these are, and are only rated for 1500 pounds each. That's why when I had the set up with only two ramps, I put the kickstands in the pivot point. With the three linked together, I haven't been worried enough to build the kickstands. These look like they would be better anyways as they are rated for 2k each and longer for a better loading angle. I remember paying less than 1000 after shipping, but I'm not seeing the ramps that I bought on the site.

Sfoppema

Participating member
I also own a pair of the 8' aluminum ramps that branch manager sells. They are rated for 5000 each and are pretty easy to handle. I use those for my flatbed Mitsubishi. Those are only like 8 or 900 bucks which seems like a great price

Sfoppema

Participating member
As mentioned, I installed kickstands at the hinge point. Been solid for years of use. My 1050 closer to 4000lbs with operator attachment and fluids

oceans

Been here a while
It will currently hold about 16 yards of chips. The body is 13’ with little overhang behind the frame, and there’s still 2’ between the cab and body.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Arbor Expo BayLeafDigital
Top Bottom