terex 4792 LMI question

Weite Technologies

Your external cable running down the boom does two things: it keeps the LMI informed as to how much stick you have run out, and it also tells the LMI that you are attempting (or not) to two block your load line. A load sensor in the base of the boom senses the weight, actually the pressure, and combined with how many feet of boom and the angle, converts that into how much load you're picking.

I had two Terex boom trucks with this system, and when you snag that cable on a branch, and do not rewind it properly onto the takeup reel, you can be ALL screwed up! My current Manitex 22101S, bought used, had the factory LMI inoperative. I got it for 4 K cheaper, and then went out and bought a CraneSmart load cell and ATB. Both are wireless, so I was able to do totally away with the original system. The load cell read directly, a much simpler way to go. I make a pick, after I look and see how much boom I have run out(no digital readout, I just look at the boom markings, A,B,C etc), at the boom angle (though that is a CraneSmart option, wireless boom angle display on the same screen as the other info) look at my load chart if need be, and proceed. I love it, it is super accurate and I NEVER have to worry about snagging that damn cable anymore. Expensive, but worth it. Great after the sale service also BTW.
how much for a whole set of cranesmart system? I do not think is the cost-competitive solutions.
we are the "The trusted Safety Partner for Global Top 100 Crane Owning Companies like Tat Hong(Top 9), Asiagroup(Top 45), Big Crane(Top 90) and Fortune 500 corps". For more, pls refer to http://weite.tech

Weite Technologies

I just talked to howard at cranesmart.He emailed me a quote for each part of the system.If i want to have a full LMI system,i would have to get the boom length indicator which is an external cable but doesn't run all the way to the tip.Here's what he said about it.What do you guys think?

Yes, boom length is measured with an external wire. It is 3/32" diameter aircraft cable( not coax. as there is no power current running through it) The wire has over 1000lbs breaking strength. Also if your boom extends and retracts proportionally, with a single lever. You only have to extend the cable to the end of the first extending section. leaving the remaining 2-3sections wireless.
How is the cranesmart battery working and its anti-jamming capability? BTW, how about the trouble-shooting and after-sales quick response?

brushbandit

I'm not sure that you obviously need to replace the ATB wire. I have run my 4792 with the PAT LMI system with the external ATB cable for the past 10 years and have only broken the cable once. I personally would not even consider the added expense of eliminating the external ATB. When a branch does get caught in the cable I can move the crane to get the branch off the cable and lowered.
I have also run a 4792 for the last 15 years and have only replaced the A2B wire once. The wire is pretty durable. You need to be cognizant of the wire when performing removals. Also be aware of low hanging branches over the road, especially after storms. I don’t think you need to go into major expense to eliminate it.

dbl612

keep in mind, if you want to comply with Z133 standards regarding tree work and you are hoisting personnel, it is required you have functional A2B with function kick out.

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom