T540lixp thoughts.

saucerboy

Yes, for pruning - cut, move, cut, move cut......way better.

Make sure you try the 200x battery sometime if you don't also have that - faster cut times. Also 500 charger - faster charge times.
Actually the charge time for 200x battery is the same both with qc330 and qc500 charger

Merle Nelson

As a heads up the chain brake band right around the clutch might do well being blown out with compressed air fairly often. I let mine load up with too much fine sawdust and the chain break was kicking on repeatedly unless I held it off.

27RMT0N

Soooo fully believe electric saws are the future and want them to be 'as good as a 200/201' but I have a hard time believing they are anywhere close for my usage at this point. When I bought my 2511T... a year or two ago, it was cheaper, lighter and more powerful than any of the battery saws at the time from what I understood.

Yesterday I took down a 120' doug fir, limbs and trunk to nearly 20" diameter all with less than a tank on my 201 (fell the rest of the stick with a 661). I could be mistaken, but I don't think battery saws are the killer removal saws I need just yet:

DSCN3362 (Custom).JPG

DSCN3372 (Custom).JPG

Last edited:

27RMT0N

I was actually doing exactly that today, and explaining to my ground guy how it was the perfect situation for a battery saw. It's on my shopping list, just haven't pulled the trigger yet and committed to a battery system.

DSCN3422 (Custom).JPG

Sfoppema

Soooo fully believe electric saws are the future and want them to be 'as good as a 200/201' but I have a hard time believing they are anywhere close for my usage at this point. When I bought my 2511T... a year or two ago, it was cheaper, lighter and more powerful than any of the battery saws at the time from what I understood.

Yesterday I took down a 120' doug fir, limbs and trunk to nearly 20" diameter all with less than a tank on my 201 (fell the rest of the stick with a 661). I could be mistaken, but I don't think battery saws are the killer removal saws I need just yet:

View attachment 71161

View attachment 71162
Sounds like you have your mind made up, but I find my t540i has equivalent power to 200t and battery lasts as long as a tank of gas would. If you can do it with a tank in the 200t, you can do it with a t540i on the small battery. They make bigger ones also. I have the preceding electric saw from husky and it's nowhere near the t540i. Seems to me you could have at least brushed that tree out. Probably lose power shortly into the chunk stage. Same as your gas saw.

Benjo75

I have the 536Lixp. I was like a lot of folks who have never ran an electric saw much. I was determined it wasn't going to amount to much. Then I ran one. I have several and love them. I haven't bought the 540 yet because I have enough tied up in the smaller one and am extremely happy with it. When the comes time to replace them I will get the 540. Everyone who sees my 536's laughs at them at first. Then they're asking to use them by the end of the day. Mine doesn't replace my 200T but I just cut what they're capable of then get the 261 a little sooner. I haven't burned an entire tank of gas through a top handle in almost 2 years.

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom