T540lixp thoughts.

Anawan

The saws been out for just a hot minute. I’ve had it for a few weeks. Had used the t535lixp model for years before getting this and it definitely has a lot more power.

Right out of the box, oiled of course, with just a few cuts under its belt, I’m trying to cut some 12” oak and the battery overheats mid cut. Previous cut had been made maybe 5 minutes previous.

This issue occurs often with hardwood cuts, particularly making notches, at diameters over 10” or so. Makes me not trust the saw. Makes me embarrassed. Makes me sad. A little bit angry.

Ive never had this issue with the t535.

My nefarious instincts tell me to find some way to bypass the battery overheating. I mean, how hot could it be right?

Wondering if others have had this issue and what did ya do bout it other than breaking out your 200t and saying to hell with it.

Reach

My nefarious instincts tell me to find some way to bypass the battery overheating. I mean, how hot could it be right?

Wondering if others have had this issue and what did ya do bout it other than breaking out your 200t and saying to hell with it.
Bypassing the overheat protection circuitry is a bad idea. Like, battery-explodes-in-your-hands bad idea. Lithium ion batteries have overtemp protection to prevent that, when it fails you get the Samsung cell phone debacle all over again. Can you use a larger (higher amp hour rating) battery? That may solve the problem.

Anawan

Thank you, I figured it was a bad idea. Just had to voice my inner demons.

I wonder. The standard amp hour battery, which I use, is 5.2 and the next size up is the biggest at 9.something. Saw one IRL and it looked like it might change the whole balance of the saw, in addition to being a bit more money. Has anyone used the larger battery, had good results?

Merle Nelson

And the biggest battery from previous technology can still deliver the high output this saw is capable of using.

Almost certainly pilot error. I could be wrong. Your description doesn't match up with my saws performance in hardwood or 16 inch softwood cuts.

Anawan

And the biggest battery from previous technology can still deliver the high output this saw is capable of using.

Almost certainly pilot error. I could be wrong. Your description doesn't match up with my saws performance in hardwood or 16 inch softwood cuts.
Buyer error. Had no idea about this extra X and it’s importance. Local husq dealer hasn’t even heard of this saw so I had to get it online and have been kind of in the dark. Will sub for the X and I imagine that was the problem. Thank you so much!

Sfoppema

got the saw a few weeks back. Never had any over heating problems. Have used both the 200x and the regular 200 battery. Only time I'm using my 200t is if I run out of battery and can't charge. Thing cuts as fast as the 200t even in big wood. No starting, adjusting, breathing fumes. Just push the button. I'm in love with it

evo

got the saw a few weeks back. Never had any over heating problems. Have used both the 200x and the regular 200 battery. Only time I'm using my 200t is if I run out of battery and can't charge. Thing cuts as fast as the 200t even in big wood. No starting, adjusting, breathing fumes. Just push the button. I'm in love with it
Now my interest is peaked! Is this true? I nearly bought a batt saw, but went with the ms150 instead when I heard the batt’s have a little less or the same power, hard or impossible to feather in the cut, and are about the same weight as a 200t.
I didn’t seem much if any gains. But now could that be different?

Sfoppema

You can certainly feather the throttle. If it doesn't cut as fast as a 200t it's not behind by much. Plus, it never needs adjusting. Anyone ever run a gas climber that's running like shit? Won't start easy, won't idle? Want to throw it out of the tree? Fuel tank leaking on your leg?

Electric just hit the button it's like heaven. I already had a battery and charger for the preceding saw. 536i or whatever it is. This saw blows the doors off of that one, but made the purchase easier because I already had some of the pricey crap needed. I can't imagine someone being disapproved with it, but to each their own. As mentioned I'd never be tempted to bust out the 200t unless I had no battery and no way to charge

ATH

We have a "no chainsaw before 9:00" "policy" (OK, maybe more of a suggestion than policy...) to not annoy neighbors. There is usually plenty to get done before we start right in. Noteworthy, we don't do many removals, so it works.

Most of the time you'll never hear from the neighbor who thought you were a jerk and just didn't call to have you look at their trees...

Battery saws certainly change all of that.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom