Silky pole saw replacement

Gorman

Branched out member
word is only in the states. Three possible situations.. Someone sued the shit out of silky or they think they will, silky thinks americans are stupid (cant blame them), or the exclusive dealer is up to some more shady shit...

What the fawq? This is horrible news.

What the fawq? This is horrible news.
This is one of the things about in country “exclusive distributorships” that’s so utterly mad. Somebody gave North Face exclusive Canadian distributorship to some dofus in Canada, these twerps don’t bother to carry the whole product line from the US and WON’T bring in special orders, the US websites are prohibited from selling out of country and there you have it - the retards that set up these little business combines screw over customers and generate bad blood.
Competition in a market is good - reducing consumer choice through corporate financier greed is bad and ultimately reduces innovation, reduces quality and other than making some spreadsheet guys some short term bucks, we lose in the end.
So, given how fraternal the arb world is, I picture the future being a multitude of arb equipment trailers periodically crossing the borders to make shared equipment purchases for individuals. Worked for alpine gear. Big company’s do it all the time (centralized purchasing you see). Where there’s a will there’s a way!

Addenda: Maybe the formation of a Contract Arb Buyers Co-op (like the old MEC out of a van in the old old days)?

Last edited:

ATH

Been here a while
@Merle Nelson posted in another thread links to Silky saws on eBay

I REALLY don't need to be spending money right now (paid for the barn... bought a new (used because new don't exist) pickup last week as old one is about dead)...but I ordered a new Hayate. Don't know when I'll be able to buy another... wasn't on eBay when I looked last time we had this discussion.

Steve Connally

Been here a while
That is a bunch of bullshit if true.
What I was told by another vendor was they had an agreement with silky and silky was fine with not shipping any more pole says to the US and that Notch would now be the pole saw with some royalties going to silky for a while. Seemed plausible but how should I know LOL I saw a Notch Shembiner on a saddle. They will literally copy anything already on the market and re brand it. Great Value Brant tree equipment

evo

Been here a while
I found a replacement mid section to keep my long boy around a while longer.

I called them right back at much time, after they called and left me a message (I had a question on the order). I asked them if they consider selling tools from a different manufacturer (aluminum light polesaws). She mentioned that they can already! “I said great!’ And went on a rant about how stupid sherrill is and their stupid silky exclusive is, with some very colorful words. I was the one who brought it up, and brought up Sherrill’s name. She laughter very hard! And replied I can’t tell you how I feel about it because I’m on the clock! We both had a good laugh!

when I bought my silky pole saw from my regular supply company they had it out of stock, but said they would get it drop shipped for me. When it arrived it was in a brown box with a shipping label that was generated from the east coast. I opened it, and there was the manufacturers box covered in sherrill stickers . Now that’s some tacky bullshit right there

Gorman

Branched out member
I’m madder than a hornets nest right now about this. I called shelter and they confirmed and couldn’t help me if I needed replacement parts. I’m steaming mad. The hyuachi was my go to and I thought the 475 price tag was cheap for how useful it was and now I gotta deal with this Sherrill, sorry Notch, garbage.

evo

Been here a while
I’m madder than a hornets nest right now about this. I called shelter and they confirmed and couldn’t help me if I needed replacement parts. I’m steaming mad. The hyuachi was my go to and I thought the 475 price tag was cheap for how useful it was and now I gotta deal with this Sherrill, sorry Notch, garbage.
I know right?! I’m hoping the notch pole saw stick with a silky head I just bought isn’t a POS, I will take them up on any and every replacement guarantee they offer.
ARS makes tools that aren’t half bad, they have a few different polesaw options. Mostly geared to fine pruning professional gardeners, so even a more limited applicable range for ‘us’. BUT their largest and most robust is sumthin like 18’ without a hook, but is locking anywhere along the telescopic range (which is very not bad!)

flushcut

Branched out member
Maple Leaf Ropes has them $300. Go to their website and look under brands find Silky.

Top Bottom