Show off them splices

Jman

Checking in again on you splicing monkeys keep up the good work. I spliced a 16 strand a couple weeks back and it made me miss splicing but also it made me feel inferior because it took me so long to remember how things went.

oldoakman

Checking in again on you splicing monkeys keep up the good work. I spliced a 16 strand a couple weeks back and it made me miss splicing but also it made me feel inferior because it took me so long to remember how things went.
Don't feel bad, I always have to recheck the steps in the process myself.

JFin15

This was my 2nd db splice. I forgot to keep the eye pulled tight apparently and ended up with some cover slack in the eye. Should I use this, try to fix it somehow, or chop it off?

938a437636450957c9a1bf90da316f56.jpg
9b4c6aa40d4a8bb060e50f7e1e140fed.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

dmonn

I've had it happen to me, too, and wondered about the strength. I decided to use it as is, but only for lightweight applications. I suspect the strength is seriously compromised, since the core will take 100 percent of the initial load (sort of), until it stretches enough to start loading the sheath.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom