Sexism and Homophobia in Arborculture/TreeLife?

tomstrees

In an increasingly fragmented society it seems, the internet is not helping. 1000s and 1000s of sites with many many pithy insights and recommendations for a more just and honorable society. As my mother used to say, politics, religion and sex were off base in discussions with friends as they tend to engender contentions and disagreements. I have strong opinions on such topics but why invite controversy without profit? For me a lot of unpleasant and profane remarks in the laboring trades have been due to the unhealthy condition of the worker. I have an almost perfect memory going back to when I entered blue collar work and have seen a lot of knuckleheads as we all have.

Stumpsprouts

Branched out member
In an increasingly fragmented society it seems, the internet is not helping. 1000s and 1000s of sites with many many pithy insights and recommendations for a more just and honorable society.
Absolutely.

Frank Bruni in his exit editorial for NYT apologizing for dumping on Ted Cruz-

“I worry, too, about how frequently we shove ambivalence and ambiguity aside. Ambivalence and ambiguity aren’t necessarily signs of weakness or sins of indecision. They can be apt responses to events that we don’t yet understand, with outcomes that we can’t predict.

But they don’t make for bold sentences or tidy talking points. So we pundits are merchants of certitude in a world where much is in doubt and many questions don’t have one right answer. As such, we may be encouraging arrogance and unyieldingness in our readers, viewers and listeners. And those attributes need no encouragement in America today.”

Last edited:

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Arbor Expo
Top Bottom