New Lyme desease test

TimBr

Official Well Known Greeter
Yeah, this why the current administration’s moves to strip away pre-condition protection from the Affordable Care Act are particularly eggregious. Anyone suffering chronic illness is f’d.

I finally got Lyme 2 year ago after probably hundreds of attached deer ticks going back many years. Recovered well but it was not fun getting there. Couple years before that “Southern Tick Associated Rash Syndrome” aka STARS from a Lone Star Tick in Maryland, docs in Boston had no clue, no treatments, I recovered, flattened me for a month.

In my area eastern Mass. every deer tick does not carry pathogens so it’s roulette. For me getting them off within 12 hours has worked, the one that got me was on for longer than 24.
-AJ
Great post, moss. Thanks for sharing. I'd be interested in hearing your methods or anyone else's methods for trying to keep the ticks off of you, and for finding them and getting them off quickly and safely if the ticks do manage to get on you anyway. I'd be thinking that a mirrored box big enough to walk inside of would be a helpful thing to own. I hear the ticks like to try to hide in spots on the body that are not easy to inspect.

Tim

TimBr

Official Well Known Greeter
A coworker of mine who didn't have insurance got it. He felt like shit but kept on keeping on till customers started asking if he was drunk because he was slurring his words and walking funny. After a year of iv antibiotics he finally died.

I love America but damn we have a shit medical system.
Again, just a frightening story. You guys need to charge more for this work, on a general basis.

Stephen Moore

Great post, moss. Thanks for sharing. I'd be interested in hearing your methods or anyone else's methods for trying to keep the ticks off of you, and for finding them and getting them off quickly and safely if the ticks do manage to get on you anyway. I'd be thinking that a mirrored box big enough to walk inside of would be a helpful thing to own. I hear the ticks like to try to hide in spots on the body that are not easy to inspect.

Tim
The buddy check works good, run fingers through hair. If you are in an area that is rife with ticks wear gators. Every hour or so check exposed skin because they don’t move fast, there’s a good chance you’ll catch em before the dig in. They like bush on deer trails or tall grass.

rico

Sorry about the struggles with Lyme Rico, I know a few people including climbers who’ve been doing the long-term battle, hard to even comprehend unless you’ve tasted it.
-AJ
Thanks moss. I was first infected long before anyone really knew what lyme was. When I was finally diagnosed it had been in me for a few decade, so there was no "cure", or getting rid of it.
It have learned to live with it, and learn from it. This shit will teach you who you really are, not who you think you are.
The woods are my church and my place of worship, so I ain't letting a fucking tick run me out of here!

Last edited:

Stephen Moore

Thanks moss. I was first infected long before anyone really knew what lyme was. When I was finally diagnosed it had been in me for a few decade, so there was no "cure", or getting rid of it.
It have learned to live with it, and learn from it. This shit will show you who you really are, not who you think you are.
The woods are my church and my place of worship, so I ain't letting a fucking tick run me out of here!
You may be immune to the little bastards now? Full vampire mode.

pctree

Funny side note, I have Hepatitis C. When I get ticks which is very often since I MTB a lot the are usually dead when I pull them off . Still got Lyme's few years back though

rico

Funny side note, I have Hepatitis C. When I get ticks which is very often since I MTB a lot the are usually dead when I pull them off . Still got Lyme's few years back though
Fucking Hep C and Lyme. The Hitch Hiker, Wraptor, and now this. You are a bonafide badd-ass PC!

rico

Not using the MB much lately. The MB is killer and the dee's are fine. Believe it or not I find the back pad a little too big for me? Strange I know?
Been flying the Tree Austria 3.2 lately and really enjoying it. Just a killer saddle that doesn't get enough attention. Every bit as good as a TreeMo or MB, and it fit me like a freakin glove.

Merle Nelson

Sure.

There is something else I will re-aquire and post here soon. A tick born disease that is at this time highly fatal and not curable. It started more so in the east and is spreading similar to Lyme.

pctree

I had a bad tick bite a couple weeks back and I'm feeling exhausted lately. Has been real hot too and I've been really busy so it's probably that and age . However if this test is currently available I would love some peace of mind

rico

It sounds like you might have been bitten by an infected tick PC? If you have a doctor that will prescribe some antibiotics without a positive test result, you might want think about some Doxy for 3-4 weeks, just to be safe. I myself don't do antibiotics any longer, and rely on herbs and other treatments to keep me relatively well. If you have any interesting in trying some more natural treatments, I could send you some very powerful herbal formulas that might help. PM me if you have any interest, and for gawd sakes quit getting bit!

Last edited:

pctree

[QUOTE="rico, post: 569512, member: 13411"and for gawd sakes quit getting bit![/QUOTE]
And how do you propose I do that???

It took me a couple of years to get my internal Flora good and then the month of antibiotics killed that and I still haven't gotten it back. I really don't want to do them again but would if I definitely knew I had it again hense my interest in the test

rico

I do multiple tick checks throughout the day, and use a pretty kickass herbal tick repellent that seems to help (no DET for me thanks).
I feel you on the antibiotics. They are the devil, but a necessary evil sometimes. I myself will never do them again, as they just do more harm than good. Took me years of eating like a monk to get my gut back in order. I still eat an insanely clean diet because I love it. One of Lyme's hidden blessings was forcing me to live an very clean life.

Last edited:

JD3000

Most well-known member
A book on his thoughts on virtually any subject would be banned, burned, and or doused in holy water within days of release.

(Shudders)

Last edited:

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom