New Lyme desease test

Steve Connally

@rico I have been trying to change my medication and eating habits since listening to Zach Bush MD on the farce that seems to be our approach to pharma. He information on the links of soil biology and human gut health is crazy but interesting. It all seems to point to roundup, hormones and antibiotics. Anyway I am seeing a MD chiropractor who also practices traditional eastern medicine. I'm weaning off antidepressants, antihistamines, shitty meat. Adding a few key vitamins, aminos, and some gut health tactics. Stopped flooding my system with probiotics because 5billion of 3 strains is just as bad as nothing at all (monoculture). I'm just scratching the surface here but (I'm currently sick as a dog) seem to be doing well. The last time I tried to come off Effexor xr I was terribly sick. I've been taking it for 20 years. This time I am supplementing with high grade fish oil, active vitamin B, and l tryptophan. Increase serotonin, decrease brain swelling, and stimulate the methylation of serotonin. If this doesn't work I guess I'll to to the Edgar Casey place and get shock treatments.

pctree

Steve, when I first found out I had Hep C I spent a couple of years trying to be as healthy as possible so my body could get rid of the virus. I researched everything to do with health and in the end it always came back to one thing. Live like we evolved to live, exposure to sunlight, exercise, ingest dirt with its plethora of microbes, expose your immune system to lots of nastiness so don't use antiseptic wipes etc. engage in lots of exercise

GreenstoneVT

Infection from a tick bit can happen very quickly. I was re-infected by a tick that couldn't have been in my neck for more than an hour. ( gonna get a killer neck tattoo of a tick in remembrance). Once the fluid from the tick is in you, all bets are off my friends. Lyme infected ticks are an epidemics in my area and I know far to many people with the disease.
I just got reinfected this spring from one that couldn’t have been on more than an hour or two. Didn’t think it was possible. Ran 101-103 temps for 4 days and neared 104 on the end of the 4th when my wife made me go to the doctors. 99-101 the next 4 days after starting the doxycycline. We called around to see who would prescribe it without making me take the test - why do I need to spend a couple hundred dollars to know exactly what the antibiotics are going to kill when it’ll be prescribed regardless? Took 6-8 weeks to be back to normal. My first bout was about 5 years ago and I was able to treat it solely with diet. Alkalizing (in hippie terms) or AIP (Auto Immune Protocol in western doctor speak) is the way to go. This one just came on too strong.

Edit: my favorite way to remove ticks is a cotton swab dipped in tea tree oil used to spin the tick around in a circular motion. Haven’t had one hang on more than a minute that way.

GreenstoneVT

@GreenstoneVT; Thanks for sharing the tip about your method for removing ticks.

I was wondering if you could expand on the idea of Alkalizing or AIP (Auto Immune Protocol)? Thanks.

Tim
It’s basically a diet that reduces inflammation and removes the feedstock for most things that prey on the body (candida, Lyme, etc). It’s all fruits, veggies, and some nuts/seeds. No dairy, no meat, no sugar, no grains, no processed food of any kind. Quinoa and oats are okay. Peanuts are not. The first round of Lyme took two weeks on the diet to feel better. I stayed on it another 3 weeks to make sure I had eliminated it. Took my urine and saliva from a pH of mid 5s to nearly 8. No, alkalizing does not change blood pH, or at least not out of its normal range (this is the bone of contention between scientists and alternative practicioners who misspeak/are misinformed). I try to keep my current diet 85% in line with that if I can.

TimBr

Official Well Known Greeter
@GreenstoneVT; Very interesting stuff, thanks so much for the quick response.

Just to be clear, are you saying that you think that this diet will cure Lyme disease or prevent Lyme disease from taking hold in the body after you've been bitten by an infected tick? If so, that is really amazing, and would cause me to spend a bunch of time researching this subject further.

Thanks again for your posts on this subject.

Tim

GreenstoneVT

With the caveat that the plural of anecdote is not data: between my wife and I, we know over 20 people who have healed themselves this way (youngest 6 or 7 and the oldest in their 60s). My wife nearly died the year before I met her. She was on her second bout of Lyme and the antibiotics weren’t doing anything this time. Her friends, family, and doctors thought she was going to die. She stayed on the diet for 6 months or so before she finally started being normal again. I feel it isn’t well known as doctors only get something like 2 weeks of nutrition training and it isn’t something pharma makes money off of. I was skeptical at first, too, having a strong scientific background but firsthand experience and knowledge of the study reproducibility crisis/corporate capture of science has swayed me.

rico

Sounds like you have been through the mill with lyme Greenstone, and i hope you and the wife are doing well.
One of the most dangerous bits of misinformation concerning lyme is the myth that the tick must be impeded for hours to pass its infections onto you. Your experience, as well as my own have debunked that theory.
I follow the Auto Immune Paleo Diet, and it has been a life saver for me. At my stage it is all about inflammation management.

pctree

So , just an update, after I posted last I took a nap after work as I was destroyed and when I woke had a really itchy spot on my arm. Another fucking tick!! Pulled and flushed it. Next day bite swole up like a half egg and was fire red with a circle of bruise around it, bite was oozing pus . I was itchy all over so decided to do a course of doxycycline. Man I hate doing it but with all the tick born crap I figured it was probably a good idea. After 3 days I felt good riding my bike again for the first time in a while. My buddy who is a doc wrote the script for 3 weeks, not sure if I should do more???

rico

Don't fuck around with this stuff PC. Do 5-6 weeks of Doxy, then follow it up with various herbal formulas for another 6-12 months. Nuke it!

A few highly recommended herbals. If you have a hard time tracking them down give me a shout-

BioPure Cocktail
Beyond Balance MC-BB-1
Byron White AL-Complex

Chaplain242

We dont have Lyme here yet, but some green ticks around here carry Staph. I had one one time and accidentally ripped the body off whilst washing in the shower. Thought I better get it looked at by doctor on the Monday as it was a weekend. By Sunday woke up to a black line under the skin coming up towards my hip and feeling nauseous. Scratched out the black stuff, and tested positive for three types of Staph. Felt woozy (unbalanced) for a week or so even with antibiotics....

rico

Rico you list 3 herbals, would you get one and use that or take all 3???
I woud do them separately (try BioPure Cocktail 1st). Lyme is such a smart little fucker that anything you take will loose its effectiveness over time. Once you feel like something is no longer killing the bacteria, you would move on to something else.

I would also educate yourself about the major co-infections and their symptoms. (Babasia, Bartonella, Rickettsia, Mycoplasma, ect). Lyme very rarely travels alone!

I am in the middle of treating Babesia again, and taking a lovely little drug called CoArtem. After years of killing this stuff, I am still peeling away the onion. I feel like hammered dog-shit right now!

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom