Lazy or Clever?

conk

Thanks I found it yes it is a screw that can be removed with a tiny allen wrench.

I was wondering if a large diameter shive would be better or two shives. I know they would not fit without major modification. The manufacture could have made a awesome product for the same price. I am about to modify mine but was wondering if this shive will damage my nice 11 to 11.7 mm ropes. The provided rope is terrible for climbing. I do not want to use it for canopy tie in using and alpine butterfly. I assume they used that little rope because it is light and did not want people to use these as ascenders.

One more thing is there a way to make this unidirectional accent only. I think it is better than having to tie a backup prussik about the device to keep it from autodecending as soon as the drill torque stops. That is an annoying and dangerous feature if your object it to ascend because the drill could spin, or disengage accidentally.

Bart_

You be wanting 100% climb system independent of the rollgliss. Put your SRT system above the rollgliss, hooked directly to you and push it up as you ascend. Building life support is risky territory. My 2 cents.

Having a powered ascender can be pretty sweet when you want to take it easy. :) Feeling sick etc.

conk

The rope wrench is not comfortable on the 3/8 inch stock rope. I don't think is rated or considered to be safe on such a tiny rope. They say 11mm to 13 mm are the rope size the wrench works with not sure about the rope runner. Anyone know if they have been tested and considered safe on 3/8inch rope by the manufacturer?

27RMT0N

The Maasdam puller is a wonderful tool for pulling trees against their lean, helping tip big logs and things of that nature. I use mine all the time, but I've only ever used it with the recommended 3-stand rope. Maybe someone else has experience with other rope types, but my sense is that it wouldn't work as well. What is your intended usage?

Reach

Can the sheave be removed? or is it attached to the ratchet track?
The ratchet pawls are machined/cast into the side of the sheave. And it will lift 300 pounds straight up, when it’s not slipping - it does that once in a while on 3-strand, I can’t imagine how bad it would be on a tighter rope. It would not trust it to pull me up a tree, it’s too prone to slippage for that.

27RMT0N

Plus it's just not made for that. It's really a tension/pull device, not really for 'moving' material unless you like doing things literally 1" at a time.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom