Larger Chainsaw Advice

Reach

I like aftermarket bars. Needing a 24”/25” that’ll bounce between the MS362 and the MS441C. I’m probably trying one of the Tsumura light bars, they look nice.

The Stihl Lightweight bars seem to hold up very well, and are quite light. We’ve started replacing all of our bars with them, and everyone loves them. So far, we (I!) have only bent one.

27RMT0N

Well this thread has gone all over the place, ha. But I love lightweight bars. At this point literally all my saws, from 12"-36" are lightweight versions and it's worth every penny as far as I'm concerned.

As far Stihl vs Husky a few posts, back, the nearest Husky dealer is a half-day trip for me and as a result I run almost all Stihl. I'd love to do more comparisons and mix-and-match, just don't have the opportunity or support.

Then going all the way back to the beginning, a guy running a 2511t and a 394xp with nothing in between is pretty funny to me. Seems like a 60cc (Stihl 362 or Husky 562XP) with an 18-20" is the perfect middle-ground, and keep the 32" on the 394.

Christrees

I want a saw that starts and costs like an echo, torque and sound of a husqvarna, speed and bar of a stihl. We have saws from each manufacturer, brand loyalty is silly when the parts and factories regularly change.
Loyalty is silly? I disagree and you would too if you know the kind of deals my boss gets on saws. Loyalty is everything. Any new saws come out my boss has first pick gets everything at a great cost. Sure like I said I'd be open to try different brands if I came across one. But no matter what I bought I would never get a good deal for years building up loyalty with that dealer. So how is loyalty silly?

27RMT0N

I think you are talking about two different things in this context if I'm reading it correctly. He is saying 'don't blindly trust a corporation' and you are saying 'be loyal to a dealer and make a personal connection that results in better support.' Two different things and both are correct in my opinion.

Christrees

I think you are talking about two different things in this context if I'm reading it correctly. He is saying 'don't blindly trust a corporation' and you are saying 'be loyal to a dealer and make a personal connection that results in better support.' Two different things and both are correct in my opinion.
Oh ok. Sorry I misunderstood. Thanks for correcting me.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts
Top Bottom