Hunting setup

Jonny

Is it easier having the tie in lower like that? Ever try getting a really high spot so you can perch yourself out on a skinny limb over the middle of a trail or something like that?

brydan

It's much more comfortable having the low tie in. Weird I know. Coming from a tree work background it doesn't look right, we're so used to thinking about having the TIP as high as possible. When I first tried using my work saddle to hunt it was miserable because of that and not having a platform. It was so uncomfortable I soon bought a bosun style hunting saddle which was a lot better.

I have tried higher TIP's and being out on Southern Live Oaks on a property I used to be on. It didn't work as well as I'd hoped but that was 8 or 9 years ago and a lot has changed since then. I'd approach those spots a lot differently now. Where I've been hunting in recent years there's not many Live Oaks or anything with broad low canopies. Typically hunters don't want to be much more than about 20' off the ground. Especially for archery, 30' is about max height as the shot angle gets pretty difficult above 30'. Plus visibility often gets limited higher up because the canopies of other trees start getting in the way.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom