Gerasimek's Tree-mek

Mark Chisholm

Administrator
Administrator
Dan,
Glad you like my tree-mek and ask good questions.
I used to offer full service tree care and had several employees and a bunch of trucks. I found over the years that the very old saying, 'it's hard to find good help' is very true. I was determined to find a way to keep doing what I love and make more money doing it. For me, the tree-mek has done that. I have one good employee, own only 2 trucks (tree-mek & fuso switchngo ), most of my work is removals, and I refer all the jobs I don't want to tree services that hire me for takedowns. It's a win-win.
Tree-mek #2 in Cleveland, Ohio has followed suit finding 1 employee and the same equipment to be the way to go. Tree-mek #3 in New Jersey plans to add the tree-mek to his existing arsenal to expand his presence, keeping his crews trimming while he does removals with 1 guy and a chipper. His tree-mek will be on display at the TCI Expo in November.
Whichever way you go, you'll find that you're getting more work done with less employees and that means way more money in your pocket.
The biggest thing for me though, was the peace of mind. Not only is it safe for me, but it's safe for my employee and my customers as well. I don't worry about injury or property damage.
Let me know if you have any more questions.
Can you disclose who is #3 in NJ?

Jerad Oren

Meet the Treemek #3, from Bloomington, IN from Tiffin Crane after seeing Glen's in action. At only about 25' long it can fit in some small spaces.

Attachments

Jerad Oren

Jason Smith the rep started an Instagram account under PALFLEET if you want to follow more builds. He now runs their tree crane department.

Jerad Oren

Yes it's a custom build but they are now finishing up their 4th one like this. It a pk33002 (33ton). So with this jib configuration it has 99 feet of hydraulic reach with the Mecanil grapple saw attached. If you take that off and use 3 manual extensions you would have 115' of reach. Understand the theory of this smaller unit it not to remove the tree in large sections but smaller ,faster and more controlled pieces.

Jerad Oren

I like the cab guard, do you have to fold the mirrors in to flip the cab forward?
You have to unbolt it to tip, not my favorite way, going to modify it and make it easier to remove and a little smaller profile. I have to give credit to my brother in law , who also runs the crane, he is working on a better design that will allow the boom and saw to be cradled for short distances.