Fu*%face Von Clownstick

Burrapeg

The longer the orange oaf's in office, the worse our karma's gonna get.

God save the Queen!

Jemco
I listened to her speech to the Commonwealth yesterday. I was born the same month in 1953 that she was crowned. She has reigned my entire life. I think the only other time older men could say that was in Queen Victoria's time.

Birdyman88

Is there a payment deferment program in place or is it up to the individuals to reach out to their own creditors?
Just payed both of my mortgages yesterday and each one had a link to click to request suspension of payment. I didn't click either one though. Wells Fargo and Mr. Cooper.

JeffGu

Very early on, doctors desperate to find anything that might help in an ICU filled with COVID-19 patients gave a very small number of them chloroquine. Some of those patients got better. But this was not a random trial or double-blind study. Attempts to replicate this benefit in more scientific tests are ongoing, but so far there is scant evidence that attempting to fight a virus with a drug typically used against a single-celled plasmodium has any positive effect. An early study has been rejected from publication after reviewers found several problems. And that first published paper had issues including the possibility that some of those who “left the study” before its conclusion may have done so by dying.

Just a little reading I've been doing about hydroxychloroquine... and a little sidenote in there that I noted, was...

Why is Trump causing genuine harm to push a drug that may or may not have any benefit? Hidden several paragraphs down in the Times story about the supposedly “divided” medical community comes this information: “Mr. Trump himself has a small personal financial interest in Sanofi, the French drugmaker that makes Plaquenil, the brand-name version of hydroxychloroquine.”

JeffGu

In general, Sen. David Perdue of Georgia is the kind of arrogant, pig-headed elitist we have come to expect from the Republican Party, and also an untrustworthy narrator of his own story. For example, how prescient of Perdue to decide to buy no less than $65,000 in DuPont de Nemours stock on Jan. 24—the very day of the security briefing. DuPont is a chemical company that supplies the kind of personal protective equipment (PPE) medical professionals are clamoring for across the country. Over the next couple of weeks, Perdue made sure to invest a total of about $185,000 in DuPont stock.

Seems to be a pandemic of Republicans attending security briefings about Covid-19 and then calling their stock brokers before the public catches on.

Bucknut

Very early on, doctors desperate to find anything that might help in an ICU filled with COVID-19 patients gave a very small number of them chloroquine. Some of those patients got better. But this was not a random trial or double-blind study. Attempts to replicate this benefit in more scientific tests are ongoing, but so far there is scant evidence that attempting to fight a virus with a drug typically used against a single-celled plasmodium has any positive effect. An early study has been rejected from publication after reviewers found several problems. And that first published paper had issues including the possibility that some of those who “left the study” before its conclusion may have done so by dying.

Just a little reading I've been doing about hydroxychloroquine... and a little sidenote in there that I noted, was...

Why is Trump causing genuine harm to push a drug that may or may not have any benefit? Hidden several paragraphs down in the Times story about the supposedly “divided” medical community comes this information: “Mr. Trump himself has a small personal financial interest in Sanofi, the French drugmaker that makes Plaquenil, the brand-name version of hydroxychloroquine.”
I’m guessing you pulled that quote from the Times. Here’s why your theory is absurd:

Trump’s obsessed with hydroxychloroquine because he’s struggling to find a glimmer of hope in this situation. No one wants “President panic and doom”. He is a buffoon who talks too much among other faults. But this is not an example of corruption.

Jemco

Drumpf's the friggin epitome of corruption.....

Our congress is too spineless to check his orange azz....

May as well just paint the supreme court fuggin orange n glue a toupee on top of it....

Jemco

rico

The shit Donald is pulling right now while everyone is worrying about Civid is pretty fucking scary...

He is literally making a power play to try and take over our democracy, and the fucking republicans will do nothing but help him in his efforts. November is the time for Americans to put their foot down, once and for all...

rico

I’m guessing you pulled that quote from the Times. Here’s why your theory is absurd:

Trump’s obsessed with hydroxychloroquine because he’s struggling to find a glimmer of hope in this situation. No one wants “President panic and doom”. He is a buffoon who talks too much among other faults. But this is not an example of corruption.
Maybe if Donny had done his fucking job we wouldn't be in this fucking mess, and maybe we wouldn't have 12,000 (and counting) dead Americans on our hands, and maybe Donald wouldn't have to disgrace the office with his the daily pimping of pharmaceuticals on his daily state run tv show. And yea you can bet your bottom dollar Donny and his are working a missive grift with all this hydroxychloroquine nonsense...

Last edited:

JeffGu

...why your theory...
Not my theory... I was merely quoting some of the articles... I actually think it has nothing to do with sales of hydroxychloroquine... Novartis has used it as a PR substitute for any real humanitarian aid for years, giving it away mostly to blackmail third world countries into not passing laws that limit the cost of very profitable lifesaving drugs (quid pro quo is a Trump technique, not a Trump invention). I believe it has a lot more to do with the campaign contributions that these companies make. Their track record in that department isn't hard to find.

By way of a disclaimer, my wife worked in a Novartis lab, as an analytical chemist, for sixteen years. The sad story of what happened to that huge, research and production facility will have to wait for another day.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom