F8 revolver

countryboypa31

Re: Fate Revolver

Thanks. More friction isn't bad for decent. But for tailing you line it can be a problem. I am hesitant to get one as my system is so dialed in right now.

treebing

Yeah i was the same way until FT threw one my way. They are only like 23 dollars tho. There is nothing to ever drop which is nice. one downside is that it doesn't double as a carabiner. But a carabiner hooks to it nicely.

HÖLLENREICH

No don't share the wealth any more.

familytree

[ QUOTE ]
so im a little sad but happy too really. FT sent me a Kong Robot and I have to say it works nicely. (thank you very very much by the way!)
Im sad because its not the fate revolver but Im happy that there is a slick tool out there that does the trick nicely. It is real narrow so the hitch doesnt jam. It is low profile and slides through crotches. it is easy to pop on and off. It slides a little bit rougher but I think it is just a little different action. I think it tends to the hitch a little better. I will be definitly using it over the fate revolver. this said, It too could use some modification. It has a sharp edge that seems to scrape the rope a little bit. I think the bend could be a little softer so it would slide a little easier. but all in all, good on you Holly for figuring that one out.

Oh, and this does mean that no competition should have any issue with this system . This was exactly how the robot is to be used I imagine. some judges were concerned that I was using the F8 and revolver in unintended ways.

[/ QUOTE ]

No problem man, just payin it forward for your original idea. One day when i am rich I'll buy you a unicender as well.....

Maybe dont hold your breath on that one though

VoodooViolinist

ok not sure how to post video's I'll post a link to my facebook. They are on there. There are about 14 video's of different things, my F8 setup, my ascension with the F8 that you can switch over mid-air between ascension and lowering safely, and also my setup for a trunk belay ascension method.

Hope you enjoy, they were taken on a phone so not great quality.

Try this climbing video's
Is there anyway I could see this in action? Link doesn't work, and I realize this is YEARS later, but messing with permutations of the figure 8 and curious the visual on the change relative to the original video.

VoodooViolinist

I believe I may have found a new way to utilize the 8 in two modes where it can act both as your descending AND ascending tool... :) More tinkering to come, managed to borrow one from a buddy till I get my own, and well... I am feeling REALLY siked if it works smoothly getting up a tree like I am hoping...

Last edited:

VoodooViolinist

I believe I may have found a new way to utilize the 8 in two modes where it can act both as your descending AND ascending tool... :) More tinkering to come, managed to borrow one from a buddy till I get my own, and well... I am feeling REALLY siked if it works smoothly getting up a tree like I am hoping...
For my weight so far, it is holding and I bet it can be experimented with TONS, mixture of stitch hitch and fatetender (seeing as I don't have a revolver), I will try and get in a tree this week or maybe coordinate getting footage functioning, seeing as of right now it has been me hanging in my camper from the structural steel in it and a tree would probably be a better evaluation before I preemptively claim success, hell, someone probably already has done similar and I am just getting to it? Figure it is worth mentioning here with all the OG's. Yeah, just want to thank everyone first off for the ABUNDANCE of wisdom in what I consider a beautiful art/ craft. Hoping to add my own twist to the scene as I become more comfortable with things!

VoodooViolinist

For my weight so far, it is holding and I bet it can be experimented with TONS, mixture of stitch hitch and fatetender (seeing as I don't have a revolver), I will try and get in a tree this week or maybe coordinate getting footage functioning, seeing as of right now it has been me hanging in my camper from the structural steel in it and a tree would probably be a better evaluation before I preemptively claim success, hell, someone probably already has done similar and I am just getting to it? Figure it is worth mentioning here with all the OG's. Yeah, just want to thank everyone first off for the ABUNDANCE of wisdom in what I consider a beautiful art/ craft. Hoping to add my own twist to the scene as I become more comfortable with things!
RANTING, but tests are even showing I can run a pulley off this to give myself a 2:1 on limb walk, will have to see if I can make this viable to 2:1 my own weight up the line... XD

VoodooViolinist

Hope you can see what I did... Standing on this config alone and honestly feels like jumping would be what makes it slip...

Attachments

• 16055117022277039890216715911143.jpg
    16055117022277039890216715911143.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 33
  • 16055120726983696718666660105645.jpg
    16055120726983696718666660105645.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 30

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom