Company Day Rates for Customers-- thoughts

VenasNursery

Carpal tunnel level member
$3/400 per person with all that iron?
Sometimes I wonder if I’m making enough for what I have invested
But almost everything is paid for and newer and I live pretty good
So if it wasn’t working I wouldn’t have what I have

little bit of which came first chicken and egg thing

I guess bottom line is I’m happy and enjoy what I do with being able to provide for my family

Reach

Been here a while

I guess bottom line is I’m happy and enjoy what I do with being able to provide for my family
We bill out in the same ballpark around here, a bit more perhaps, but not a lot, and we run a similar setup. It works pretty well, and we make out all right.

Brady Chapman

Participating member
Thought I would update my post 16 months later
With our new lift we are now at $300 average per hour $400 per hour good day
And still charge travel time both ways

Lift and truck
Chip truck and chipper
Wood truck with trailer-stumper and mini
4 guys and myself
(Great Crew which allows me to try to keep up with other things)
That sounds like a really great deal to me. I hope you’re not selling yourself short.

Brady Chapman

Participating member

I totally hear you, when you’re on a comfortable equilibrium it may feel out of place to push for more. But the thing about tree work is that it is so volatile. One bad move, one terrible accident, one huge breakdown, and you are behind the eight ball, or worse. I believe that’s one reason why tree work should be so expensive. It’s extremely dangerous, and it takes an inordinate amount of care and precaution to go home safely every day and keep people’s property safe while you dismantle big dangerous trees day in and day out. Not to mention how expensive the equipment costs. If you, your equipment, and your four guys run a productive operation, I would be willing to wager that you’re worth more than three to $400 an hour. I hope you don’t take offense to that, it was not meant to be an insult in any way. And I don’t know how competitive it is around your neck of the woods. You might have it dialed in perfectly.

VenasNursery

I totally hear you, when you’re on a comfortable equilibrium it may feel out of place to push for more. But the thing about tree work is that it is so volatile. One bad move, one terrible accident, one huge breakdown, and you are behind the eight ball, or worse. I believe that’s one reason why tree work should be so expensive. It’s extremely dangerous, and it takes an inordinate amount of care and precaution to go home safely every day and keep people’s property safe while you dismantle big dangerous trees day in and day out. Not to mention how expensive the equipment costs. If you, your equipment, and your four guys run a productive operation, I would be willing to wager that you’re worth more than three to $400 an hour. I hope you don’t take offense to that, it was not meant to be an insult in any way. And I don’t know how competitive it is around your neck of the woods. You might have it dialed in perfectly.
I think southsound was asking if $3-400 per man hour or per crew hour. Your answers are unclear to me as well.
Sorry now I am confused

8 hr day sometimes shorter brings in $2400 average daily

27RMT0N

I know one outfit in my area that is around $2,500 for a climber, ground guy and 6" chipper for a day. I do a bit less than that, with a 12" chipper. But you know, the average home price is $700,000 in the county and you can hardly find something under a million right now.

Fivepoints

Branched out member
What Dan didnt mention is his area is one of the highest in our state. Lately the pandemic and demand due to several large influxes have home prices high in our area. Normally $150k would buy a decent 3 bed 2 bath house around 1800 sq ft on a 1/2 acre lot in a decent part of town. Most of the uppity neighborhoods were $300k plus.

This kinda stuff is one reason the prices we compare are so location specific. Some of the things I see with folks talking about $400 per man hour would just result in no work here. The market just won't support it. You might get a few takers but you definitely are going to stay busy or keep your guys fully employed. But we also dont need it to have a good living.

Fivepoints

Branched out member
This is $900,000 in my area and the only livable home under a million right now on the real estate listings....

View attachment 76769
Thats a $250k to maybe $300k house here with our currently high market. Normally $150k to $180k.

What drives the prices so high in you guys area? Is it hard to build a house in that area? No more buildable lots? Cost of the building materials super expensive? Labor very high?

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Arbor Expo BayLeafDigital
Top Bottom