Coming in 2021 Epic VA Treemek Build part deux

craneguy1

I was curious about the float style tires on the second axle last night on Facebook. Hi again steve. It wont lift once its assembled right? I didnt know that sorta styff wasnt done at the factory, nor did i realise you needed one for that size crane... or was it a preference? I do remember you saying on your current one that the drop had to be run down even when empty to be legal. Congrats on the shiney new toy.

Steve Connally

Thank you for the clarification. It looked like a twin steer axle, but the placement did not make much sense. I’m surprised KW doesn’t install the second steer, but I guess it’s probably because there are so few trucks built that way.
I'm surprised as well since the customs stuff to leave the country then return is probably a big old pain in the arse as well as expensive

Steve Connally

I was curious about the float style tires on the second axle last night on Facebook. Hi again steve. It wont lift once its assembled right? I didnt know that sorta styff wasnt done at the factory, nor did i realise you needed one for that size crane... or was it a preference? I do remember you saying on your current one that the drop had to be run down even when empty to be legal. Congrats on the shiney new toy.
Yes it won't fit. Its sitting exactly where the boom will go. To my knowledge its a weight and stability issue. I was told it wasn't an option with a crane this size, without derating the chart over the front. Even with all those axles I'll still be illegal and need a blanket overload permit for VA. I'll also have to pull permits every time I leave the state. The total truck length won't be long enough on axle spacing to be legal. It would have to be significantly longer. I think many of these trucks are overweight and I wonder how many people actually pull permits. I had to move the saws forward on my current rig to get legal. The move put me 40 pounds under legal weight. I cant eat and have to use the bathroom when I cross scales so i'm not over LOL

VenasNursery

Yes it won't fit. Its sitting exactly where the boom will go. To my knowledge its a weight and stability issue. I was told it wasn't an option with a crane this size, without derating the chart over the front. Even with all those axles I'll still be illegal and need a blanket overload permit for VA. I'll also have to pull permits every time I leave the state. The total truck length won't be long enough on axle spacing to be legal. It would have to be significantly longer. I think many of these trucks are overweight and I wonder how many people actually pull permits. I had to move the saws forward on my current rig to get legal. The move put me 40 pounds under legal weight. I cant eat and have to use the bathroom when I cross scales so i'm not over LOL
No mountains in Michigan so “backroads n dirt roads” to go around any weigh stations

Absolutely a shame we are totally legal and newer equipment and I’m scared

Pitiful

$500 ticket southgate mi 1 leaf in the throat of our chipper

$1200 tickets in melvindale mi ripped the mud flap off on the job same day and then they mic my pintle hitch and told me there was too much slop
Impounded my truck additional $700 for towing a F350 dually
So not a fan of D.O.T Police
And I don’t service those cities anymore either

Steve Connally

No mountains in Michigan so “backroads n dirt roads” to go around any weigh stations

Absolutely a shame we are totally legal and newer equipment and I’m scared

Pitiful

$500 ticket southgate mi 1 leaf in the throat of our chipper

$1200 tickets in melvindale mi ripped the mud flap off on the job same day and then they mic my pintle hitch and told me there was too much slop
Impounded my truck additional $700 for towing a F350 dually
So not a fan of D.O.T Police
And I don’t service those cities anymore either
Wow. That’s awful.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom