Certified Arborist/ Climber..nationwide work

Jay Hannaman

I’m still waiting for you to contact me...I’m somewhat new to this forum so I don’t wish to do anything outside of accepted protocols... is there a way I could get in touch with you?

SomethingWitty

Arkansawyer
I’m still waiting for you to contact me...I’m somewhat new to this forum so I don’t wish to do anything outside of accepted protocols... is there a way I could get in touch with you?
Just a little tidbit here: getting involved in conversations in the other parts of the forums and showing us that you know your stuff, are willing to share, and are willing to be humbled when someone calls you out or corrects you could keep you in climbers for a long time. You might accidentally learn something in the meantime, and it only costs the time it takes to read and type.

Jay Hannaman

Just a little tidbit here: getting involved in conversations in the other parts of the forums and showing us that you know your stuff, are willing to share, and are willing to be humbled when someone calls you out or corrects you could keep you in climbers for a long time. You might accidentally learn something in the meantime, and it only costs the time it takes to read and type.

Well let’s see, it is 2 am and I decided to check my email after being up late working and had a notice about a reply to something I posted on Tree buzz....I admit a bit of excitement that maybe a guy who seemed to have the right types of qualifications we seek at my company had finally contacted me after stating he had some interest in a message I posted about a job.....but instead I got your instructions.... so I’ll explain.....When I am able To find time to post something witty on a message board I will not likely be all that witty. I did not realize I had been called out or corrected on anything .....I simply asked questions to avoid any breach Of protocol. I’m fairly certain anything I post here would not show you that I know much. Just FYI My top climber/bucket operator has been with us for over 35 yrs and the guys that worked in relief roles with him usually lasted for 4-5 yrs. The last one had been with a very friendly competitor for 12 yrs in a relief role for them and came over To take the lead job with us last September and in late October a center a full time position as our lead guy as the 30 yr guy prepared to slow way down and retire... he would still work but not climb much more at roughly age 70 and mostly just hang around 2-3 days a week to help train and irritate everybody... The guy who came over was very familiar with our company and simply made a move blessed by his boss bc he was getting a great opportunity and the timing was about 2-3 years sooner than he likely would’ve been a lead guy for his previous company
But you are correct, I couldn’t keep him very long.... he passed away the week after Christmas after choking on a piece of steak. That is a reason why I want to speak to the person that expressed interest .... I have a great guy who is putting his retirement off bc he is loyal and more like family than an employee or most friends. I lost the guy we both thought was perfect to step in and help the continue to provide trusted advice and quality service that he helped build our reputation on... but the replacement died at a time he was so excited to begin the new chapter in his and our company’s future.... I thought that humbled me but replying to your message proves I had not.

SomethingWitty

Arkansawyer
Whoa man, I'm just saying that we like friends. Not that those things had happened, but that they will if you participate. It was an open invitation to rub elbows with some excellent tree workers in every niche from across the world.

Personally, I realized years ago that this isn't the sort of work where you just go and do it even if you hate it or hate the people that you work with.
If there is any conversation beforehand, it can tell you how y'all will get along.
There are guys here that I would go work for without even discussing pay before I arranged the trip. That's a kind of trust that an ad in the jobs section just can't create.

Jay Hannaman

thanks for replying....since I am new to the board, I do not have years of archived material/posts for anyone to review to determine if someone would be willing to do as you suggest b/c you know how "you would get along" based on such material and I would suppose past exchanges archived in the material.

I really wasn't looking for lots of exchange on the board (not that it might not be welcomed at some point in time when I had the time to participate more freely) as I have mentioned I simply lack the time for it at this point. I came here while killing time in a hospital waiting room, saw something about a specific person who might be looking for a job. This person/Poster, according to his brief resume, possessed the types of criteria I am looking for from candidates for a position I need to fill at my company. I made a query regarding the proper way to approach the person so I wouldn't offend anyone or break any protocol om your site.

I never asked anyone to "trust" me...just asked someone who said he was interested to "respond" to me for brief discussion to determine if sincere interest may exist on BOTH sides after some brief interaction, so that then and only then, potential levels of trust could be developed between both parties and a move toward any working relationship could have a chance to occur.

I apologize to all here that I could have possibly upset. The reason I kept asking for protocol info is/was to avoid some unwritten codes I seem to have know broken...I did not know only persons who have been longtime members of this board and have posted continually were welcomed to place information about a potential job in a thread/forum where the site seemed to direct and even welcome such info. I tried to do everything I could to list the info for the person who posted a brief list of skills and certifications without stepping over any line. Then after he indicated interest I was unsure if there was some other way contact was preferred so I asked about that and was politely advised and took the advise of the helpful poster. Then this happened, with no further interaction on this board other than a "thank you" to the member who advised me politely re a private message option.

I have not come here to offend or upset anyone, have not tried to act like anyone's long lost friend, or to pepper the board with lots of blabber in an attempt to get along somehow. I dont have the time to do so now even if I desired to, which I certainly do not. I just wanted to get info to a guy who seemed like he might be interested. I'm sorry if that created some level of distrust, it certainly was never my intention.

If this is a board for only those who actually climb trees and not for those who own companies and employ people who do such dangerous and respected work, I shall exit and apologize for ever intruding where I shouldn't have.

I never intended to ruffle the feathers of even one soul here and sincerely apologize for having done so.

SomethingWitty

Arkansawyer
thanks for replying....since I am new to the board, I do not have years of archived material/posts for anyone to review to determine if someone would be willing to do as you suggest b/c you know how "you would get along" based on such material and I would suppose past exchanges archived in the material.

I really wasn't looking for lots of exchange on the board (not that it might not be welcomed at some point in time when I had the time to participate more freely) as I have mentioned I simply lack the time for it at this point. I came here while killing time in a hospital waiting room, saw something about a specific person who might be looking for a job. This person/Poster, according to his brief resume, possessed the types of criteria I am looking for from candidates for a position I need to fill at my company. I made a query regarding the proper way to approach the person so I wouldn't offend anyone or break any protocol om your site.

I never asked anyone to "trust" me...just asked someone who said he was interested to "respond" to me for brief discussion to determine if sincere interest may exist on BOTH sides after some brief interaction, so that then and only then, potential levels of trust could be developed between both parties and a move toward any working relationship could have a chance to occur.

I apologize to all here that I could have possibly upset. The reason I kept asking for protocol info is/was to avoid some unwritten codes I seem to have know broken...I did not know only persons who have been longtime members of this board and have posted continually were welcomed to place information about a potential job in a thread/forum where the site seemed to direct and even welcome such info. I tried to do everything I could to list the info for the person who posted a brief list of skills and certifications without stepping over any line. Then after he indicated interest I was unsure if there was some other way contact was preferred so I asked about that and was politely advised and took the advise of the helpful poster. Then this happened, with no further interaction on this board other than a "thank you" to the member who advised me politely re a private message option.

I have not come here to offend or upset anyone, have not tried to act like anyone's long lost friend, or to pepper the board with lots of blabber in an attempt to get along somehow. I dont have the time to do so now even if I desired to, which I certainly do not. I just wanted to get info to a guy who seemed like he might be interested. I'm sorry if that created some level of distrust, it certainly was never my intention.

If this is a board for only those who actually climb trees and not for those who own companies and employ people who do such dangerous and respected work, I shall exit and apologize for ever intruding where I shouldn't have.

I never intended to ruffle the feathers of even one soul here and sincerely apologize for having done so.
That is a lot of apology. Breathe easy, man. I'm just offering unsolicited advice to someone I don't know.
Ruffling feathers isn't as easy here as some places online.

SomethingWitty

Arkansawyer
Would hope so, but don’t have much time to spend on here and would be very unlikely to have anything I said confused with “witty”
...this isn't facebook. They asked for a username and I was drawing a blank. All the other forums I belong to know me as BetterTrees. I didn't want a tree name on a tree forum. It's not distinguishing at all. I thought "maybe something witty." And then it clicked. Surely something as simple as a handle isn't offensive.

I wasn't saying to move in. Just pointing out what JD3000 said so much more concisely. I look forward to seeing you around when you find time. You don't have to shoot for witty. Knowledgable or curious are two fine things to exude. I'm sorry if I have caused you any stress beyond what you are surely already enduring, given what you've shared about your current professional burden.

Stephen Moore

Would hope so, but don’t have much time to spend on here and would be very unlikely to have anything I said confused with “witty”
Dude many of us have run a business or are currently running one in the tree industry, that's why we are here. This is an open forum for things like meeting potential employees??? Learning about new gear? Learning what advancements are being made with that gear? Having fun... Maybe seeing how others are tackling their work? Sadly we also discuss the unfortunate part of this work too.
There are highly competitive climbers here that obviously kick some serious ass in trees! And collectively thousands of years of experience here.
You may find a visit to this place of superior greatness worth investing some of that valuable time you don't seem to have? Just sayin!

Brudda Murv

I will pay top dollar for highly experienced bucket truck operators and climbers in Baton Rouge, La. who have ISA certification. Contact me if interested Louisiana Tree Service, Inc.
I am CA, CTSP, TRAQ, BS Forestry LSU.
would like to talk to you. Currently living in DeRidder.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts
Top Bottom