Apples growing on orange tree?

JeffGu

So, don't go on a boat ride with your nagging wife or farmers with weedy wheat fields, if your apples have worms in them, cut the damn tree down and burn it for firewood, avoid whistle pigs and thistle figs, ignore the hired help because underpaid slaves know squat about wheat harvesting, burn the weed, drink the wine and if you're a Buddhist you're pretty much hosed, cuz ya' gotta get the right flavor of Jesus in ya' or it's off to the Roaring Flames of Damnation. Ignore those pedophiles behind the curtains and the white collars... let God sort 'em out after they're dead.

Got it. Carry on.

JD3000

Most well-known member
So, don't go on a boat ride with your nagging wife or farmers with weedy wheat fields, if your apples have worms in them, cut the damn tree down and burn it for firewood, avoid whistle pigs and thistle figs, ignore the hired help because underpaid slaves know squat about wheat harvesting, burn the weed, drink the wine and if you're a Buddhist you're pretty much hosed, cuz ya' gotta get the right flavor of Jesus in ya' or it's off to the Roaring Flames of Damnation. Ignore those pedophiles behind the curtains and the white collars... let God sort 'em out after they're dead.

Got it. Carry on.
I'm a big advocate of Whistle Pig.

evo

I'm a big advocate of Whistle Pig.
Suck my pig whistle...

Sorry couldn’t help it.. just remember my god is the only god and all other gods are not gods, because my god told me he’s better than your god, and my god is the only god, now you will be killed and spend forever suffering because my god loves you.

Spits on the cross and shoves a ketchup flavored tampon up the crucified jesus’s skirt.

CaPowell

Suck my pig whistle...

Sorry couldn’t help it.. just remember my god is the only god and all other gods are not gods, because my god told me he’s better than your god, and my god is the only god, now you will be killed and spend forever suffering because my god loves you.

Spits on the cross and shoves a ketchup flavored tampon up the crucified jesus’s skirt.
Evo, I think the difference is that there is an empty tomb attesting to Christ's deity. The resurrection is the linchpin of Christianity; if you can disprove that, the wheels fall off.

Have you ever given Jesus a fair trial?

evo

Evo, I think the difference is that there is an empty tomb attesting to Christ's deity. The resurrection is the linchpin of Christianity; if you can disprove that, the wheels fall off.

Have you ever given Jesus a fair trial?
With all respect, can you prove that he was ever in the tomb? Don't get me wrong, in all likely hood some mystical dude names Jesus probably did exist, and died back in the day. He could have even healed folks, likely was a witch and good with herbalism. It's not that i don't beleive he existed, it's just all the other stuff that makes me nauseated.

treebing

That's a great musical! I used to consider myself sympathetic towards Christians. Now I see them as for the most part like a political party coopted by Trumpism.

CaPowell

With all respect, can you prove that he was ever in the tomb? Don't get me wrong, in all likely hood some mystical dude names Jesus probably did exist, and died back in the day. He could have even healed folks, likely was a witch and good with herbalism. It's not that i don't beleive he existed, it's just all the other stuff that makes me nauseated.
Evo, thanks for responding. I think the case for a risen Christ can be made beyond a shadow of a doubt. There is enough evidence to hold up in any court of law. People a lot smarter than me have written extensively on the matter. See More than a Carpenter by Josh McDowell and The Case for Easter by Lee Strobel for starters, both books are quite concise, but packed full of material and sources.

A really quick look at the matter:
-The respected Jewish historian, Josephus, confirms that Jesus was a real man.
-The Jews did not deny that the tomb was empty on the third day, instead they claimed that Jesus' disciples stole the body. If the body was still in the tomb, it would have been easy enough to point that out.
-Jesus' disciples (with the exception of John) all faced persecution and died martyr's deaths. Are we to believe that these men stole the body, devoted their whole lives to propagating lies, and then died gruesome deaths for something they knew was false? No, I think they truly knew/believed that Jesus rose from the grave.
-Jesus appeared to over 500 people. It was no secret. The Apostle Paul wrote his first letter to the Corinthians in the early/mid 50's, a mere twenty years after Christ. He writes, "Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, and that He appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve. After that He appeared to more than five hundred brethren at one time, most of whom remain until now, but some have fallen asleep; then He appeared to James, then to all the apostles." If this was not true, people could have asked one of these five hundred people and they could have said otherwise and Paul's letter to the Corinthians would have been thrown out as garbage.
-Christianity completely changed the world.

Contrary to what most people probably think, I'm not selling anything. I'm saying all of this out of love, not hate. I genuinely respect you guys and am thankful for you and the community here.

If anyone needs a copy of a Bible or is interested in one of the two books I mentioned, but is unable to afford one, shoot me a private message and I will see what I can do.

CaPowell

That's a great musical! I used to consider myself sympathetic towards Christians. Now I see them as for the most part like a political party coopted by Trumpism.
I understand where you are coming from, treebing. I think I might have said earlier to look at Jesus and what He said/did, He is the standard. I think you should be able to look at Christians and see a visible, tangible change in their lives, but unfortunately that is not always the case. Some are new to the faith, some are disobedient, and some aren't even what they claim to be.

I kind of think it is like people who buy "Jordan" basketball shoes. I could look at all the goobers wearing Jordans, observe that they can't even make a layup and assume that Michael Jordan might not be all he's cracked up to be. I might look at a five year old wearing Jordans and assume the same thing. He also can't make a layup, but is genuinely trying and has improved quite a bit skill-wise since he first saw some Michael Jordan footage. Don't look at people wearing his shoes to judge how good of a player he was, look at him, look up his footage, look at his championship rings. In the same way, we must examine what Jesus said and did.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom