Air Knife or Air Spade ?

evo

I bought the air knife from Dave a while back and have been very happy with the tool and his available guidance. I'm in the market for a used compressor if anyone has any advice? I would sell and save a lot more trees if I didn't have to rent a compressor. So many trees need root flares exposed! + dig holes for planting.
Check your local auctions... Way back I went to one (shopping for a chip truck).. They had a air compressor with about 1000 hours on it, I'm not sure what it sold for, but the 80's morbark chipper went for $1500. Most folks seemed to be there for the vehicles and larger equipment, I made a mental note for when I'm ready to look at auctions first.

Reach

I bought the air knife from Dave a while back and have been very happy with the tool and his available guidance. I'm in the market for a used compressor if anyone has any advice? I would sell and save a lot more trees if I didn't have to rent a compressor. So many trees need root flares exposed! + dig holes for planting.
Watch the Gap Power Equipment website, they sell their used equipment fairly often, and their prices are usually reasonable.

ATH

I bought one from a rental yard. Many have a "everything is for sale" policy. Might pay more than at an auction, but it has been maintained well in most cases.

ATH

If you know any irrigation folks, they may rent it from you to blow out sprinkler lines in that fall (I would only do that with somebody I know and trust...). You could certainly make it a more attractive rental than what the rental place has even if your daily rate is the same. For example you could tell them to just pay you for the days they actually use it but if they need to sit on it for a 2 weeks and only use it three or 4 days to just pay you for those days they use it (or charge by the metered hour). That way they don't feel like they have to waste time running back and forth just to return a piece of equipment they need to get again in a couple days.

Whole other set of issues with renting your equipment liability etc but again if somebody you trust it's something you could make work safely to help recoup the purchase cost.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom