175 Ton Knuckleboom

familytree

mike, will you be my dad? if you take care of kids half as well as you take care of your gear and company then im set

seriously though, consider adopting me, please

Jamin_Mayer

Dang. Forget about worrying about parking the chipper close to the rig.
That thing will be able to put the loads down a block away...

Are K-booms faster than cranes? For some reason I visualize the K-booms being a little slower.

Just curious...

theXman

I was very surprised to see that more lift axles weren't needed and two steering axles.

But the way they have it set up with it mounted in the rear and half unfolded, it displaces the weight where you don't need so many axles.

Good idea I think.

Since the crane must weigh so much you couldn't haul anything anyway. So it's probably a smart set-up.

What does every thing weigh? 65,000 lbs?

Is it on a Peterbuilt?

Awesome Mike, awesome.

I'm very jealous. You lucky dog to have come across this.

petes

Looks like it's on a Western Star. I don't think it would be too practical around here with all the tight driveways. Amazing equipment...best of luck.

allmark

[ QUOTE ]
Dang.

Are K-booms faster than cranes? For some reason I visualize the K-booms being a little slower.

Just curious...

[/ QUOTE ]

They are not slower. they actually move pretty fast. Mine turns much faster than my old crane did.

cory

Mike is the Beastmaster!

It's interesting that the kboom truck doesn't have to be leveled out, unlike a crane, as far as I know.

CHOPPER

beautiful rig!
looks like somthing out of terminator or robo cop!
i could just look at that rig for hours!
sweet!

Jamin_Mayer

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dang.

Just curious...

[/ QUOTE ]

They are not slower. they actually move pretty fast. Mine turns much faster than my old crane did.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Mark. What about cold temperatures? Does the cold make the extensions move in and out slower? Or, does the hydraulic fluid warm up pretty fast and make no difference?

whiteyford

[ QUOTE ]
over adjacent trees

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the fact someone had to walk to the end of the road, then up the road and then apparently into someones driveway to get the whole set up in a pic, very impressive

MikePoor

Hey Double D, The dealer ph# is 3309166461 (they've got a 100 ton for sale used but Clean!) Jamin, The K-booms seem faster than most to me. The 1750 has some functions faster than the 550 & some slower. Ranger I have to wait until the extra extensions get here have a man basket set eng. & built for it. But that's definately in the works! BostonBull, it should be about 145 max hook height or 130 foot radius

Attachments

theXman

i know ours is very slow in the cold. I saw a larger palfinger and it had the engine oil heat the hydro oil in the winter, via a valve. Mikes probably heats it too.

allmark

My truck is in a heated garage at night so oil is at 50- 60 when I pull it out then I always engage the pto when not driving to keep the oil moving. when I start using it it keeps it warm so I dont notice a difference

BostonBull

@ 130' is that with jibs/extensions, or all main boom?
if that is with jib/extensions, what is your max pick with main boom? radius, tip height, capacity? what's your chart WITH jib/extensions?

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom