Search results

  1. Stumpsprouts

    Covid Close To You

    A lot of things could be at play, including people getting COVID. That’s buggered us all up pretty good. I’m currently recovering from the flu. 0/10 would not recommend. Wish I had gotten the flu shot. Pretty simple solution to a modern day problem. I think your vitriol is misplaced, by the...
  2. Stumpsprouts

    I like big butt(ress) and I cannot lie

    Very interesting. Response growth after storm damage is a whole separate study. That would be a great one to look at. A friend recently sent me a photo of a sugar maple in VT that tipped over in a hurricane in 1939. Still going strong :) This is all work I’m doing voluntarily so time and budget...
  3. Stumpsprouts

    I like big butt(ress) and I cannot lie

    Today is a fun day. I’m going around with my friend Mike photographing giant trees for what I hope will be a book (I’m going to pace out the shooting and writing and hopefully finish in the summer). It’ll include some of the lessons I’m gleaning from studying giant trees. Mike is a deep tree...
  4. Stumpsprouts

    The 80+ foot 80th birthday climb went well

    A hero through and through. Happy birthday!
  5. Stumpsprouts

    Fu*%face Von Clownstick

    They’re on Spotify too. At least they’re having trouble recruiting people for that bullshit, and that’s even in the midst of a terrible job market. Seriously, I know folks left and right getting laid off, looking for work, SNAP benefits set to expire- the way this political machine will gamble...
  6. Stumpsprouts

    How brainwashed are you?

    So I think the kind of fallacy of the whole thread is that if your position is that we are all brainwashed, and we have to question everything because everything we have been taught to believe is false, that position, in and of itself, could be seen as its own kind of brainwashing. Nothing is as...
  7. Stumpsprouts

    How brainwashed are you?

    Suburban Massachusetts public school system.
  8. Stumpsprouts

    How brainwashed are you?

    There’s a lot of pressure to conform though, especially for this example. I was penalized at first when I stopped standing for the pledge of allegiance during the Iraq war at the beginning of school. One (substitute) teacher made me write an essay about it. I was 13. You can call me unpatriotic-...
  9. Stumpsprouts

    Bids Won vs Lost | A discussion on bidding and quoting

    Yesterday I had to drive by a newly lion-tailed silver maple I cabled a couple years ago. This was on a dead end street a family member lives on and I’ve climbed almost all the trees on the road at this point. It kill me because the tree is now way more hazard prone- what a complete waste of...
  10. Stumpsprouts

    How brainwashed are you?

    I’m incredibly brainwashed. A product of my culture. Leftist based on where the stork dropped me? I try to look at things objectively but I have a pretty strong bias. I thought we covered this moon landing conspiracy on an earlier thread of yours? Personally I loved this thread title, I laughed...
  11. Stumpsprouts

    Covid Close To You

    Got to know one of their reporters very well, she shadowed me for a day touring Helene damage. A right good bloke and did her homework!
  12. Stumpsprouts

    Vandals. Grrr!

    One of the most vigorous response growths I’ve seen. Should be planted in urban environments more! Great in places where ailanthus dominates. I love this. Amazing. I did pull one catalpa off a house after Helene (with two cranes, hilariously, butt cut pictured below) and another just around...
  13. Stumpsprouts

    Fu*%face Von Clownstick

    Hear hear! States rights! (takes a swig of 1776 vintage ale)
  14. Stumpsprouts

    Vandals. Grrr!

    Sorry about your tree. Being a healthy catalpa, I think it might still stand a chance. Honestly I bet that troubled teen is just a couple conversations with a cool patient arborist away from wanting to get into tree work. Probably just bored with no direction and no sense of purpose and hangs...
  15. Stumpsprouts

    Fu*%face Von Clownstick

    I don’t know about that. I think it has represented the top of the military food chain since WWII, but realistically I think we are slipping fast in that regard as well. I think there’s some countries with democratic governments that seem to carry the will of the people much more directly. Less...
  16. Stumpsprouts

    TAKEN: Used Stihl Saw Bars, 20” and 36” - Free!

    This all rings a bell. Was making those same chains myself for a few years. Fun way to spend an extra hour at the shop. Generous of you to give away the bars! Wish I could use em.
  17. Stumpsprouts

    Fu*%face Von Clownstick

    GOP fascists will literally send army troops to American cities to zip tie children, for fears based on footage taken years ago from S America mistakenly reported on FOX as being in Portland, rather than addressing their tanking economy. *You will not be rewarded for licking the boots*
  18. Stumpsprouts

    Fu*%face Von Clownstick

    I always think of the Schoolhouse Rock parody on the Simpsons. Worth a rewatch. Matt Groening was a genius, and certainly affected my worldview from a young age… “There’s a lot of flag burners who have got to much freedom.. I wanna make it legal for policeman to beat em, cause theres limits to...
  19. Stumpsprouts

    Fu*%face Von Clownstick

    Your party controls every branch of the government. No one wants to take any responsibility for their own actions. Sad.

New threads New posts

Back
Top Bottom