Thanks for the happy birthday wishes.
I've had the air cannon for a couple years but haven't used it much because I've gotten so good with the Big Shot for shots up to 75 feet. The air cannon at 45psi will shoot a 12-ounce weight over 100 feet up, but I usually need a bunch of shots to get...
I used my air cannon to shoot a line over a big pine and isolate a nice crotch 89' up. I want to make a climb over 80' on my upcoming 80th birthday. This should work OK. I've already made sure it's climbable all the way up.
I made four climbs to get all the lower limbs off this black cherry before dropping it between two pines with no damage to either one.
Cutting it into pieces I could move with the hand truck took a while. Thankfully, a guy half again my size showed up and tossed them in his truck to use as...
The local rental companies do not carry stump grinders but the Home Depot thirty miles away has the Toro STX-38 for what seems like a reasonable price. It's powered by a 38HP Kohler gas engine. Have any of you had any experience with this machine?
Did an early morning dead limb removal using a controlled speed line drop. Had to leave it lying there because of the heat, humidity, and gnats, but I went back later after a brief rain shower to cut it up and haul it off.
The HO decided he wanted the lowest limb over the house gone too. After attaching a rope, I made multiple shallow cuts so it would bend gently away from the edge of the roof and lowered it alongside the trunk. That looks better, and the extra climb was good, too.
Two recent low limb removals on the same property.
A bunch of throw line and my isolation weight got hung up because of this tangle. I couldn't see what had happened because of all the foliage, so I ran the line through a pulley at the base of the tree and pulled it down with the beater Honda.
One of my repeat clients is an elderly widow. She asked me if I could fix the broken and jacked up piece of concrete in her driveway. She was convinced a root from a pine about twenty feet away had caused the problem. After getting clearance from 811, I dragged the broken piece of concrete...
I had to Google RC Grapple to see what it looked like. Part way down the search results was an ad for Home Depot. https://www.homedepot.com/pep/Notch-RC-Grapple-99803/334963482?clickid=SGJxrqQXuxyKUArSwa3smTQ2UksVvES0vz%3A1XE0&irgwc=1&cm_mmc=afl-ir-2003851-1420157-EdgeBingFlow
Below the...
The part of my property close to the road had about forty large longleaf pines which were all straight as arrows. About a year before Hugo I let my cousin who was in the timber business cut them for poles. Those trees would have probably destroyed the houses next door during the storm if they...
My wife was going through old pics and came up with these. The eye went over Pinopolis (about twenty miles NW of Charleston) in the middle of the night. We had 100+mph winds from at least two directions. This is what we soke up to. The smell of pine was overwhelming.
Neighbor's property
My...
I thought the removal of this loose hanging dead limb and unwanted live limb would be something I could do from the ground. Thankfully, underbidding isn't a problem.
I was able to pull half the dead limb down, but the rest got hung up, and I couldn't reach the base of the live limb with the...