Search results

  1. Jehinten

    Pics Load Improperly

    I don't know why it's happening, but it happened to me as well. I cropped the image smaller and it fixed the orientation
  2. Jehinten

    Stump clean up efficiency

    I have recently been getting several stump clean up jobs. Almost all stumps that are ground out (by a subcontractor) are left as a no clean up. If the customer requests a price for clean up the sub would always handle it. Recently he's decided to not clean up anymore as he is retired and...
  3. Jehinten

    Caterpillar Pictures

    American dagger moth
  4. Jehinten

    Today....

    You can see it hanging here from this small Maple. It's right over the driveway and mailbox. The homeowners were unaware it was there until I pointed it out. We were here a couple of months ago and I didn't see it then. I'm not sure if I overlooked it or if they can build that quickly.
  5. Jehinten

    Today....

    As a side note. The above pic originally loaded sideways as others have dealt with. I cropped the pic some and tried again and it came through with the correct orientation.
  6. Jehinten

    Today....

    Just a reminder to be on the lookout for for these guys. I spotted this hive this morning hanging from the tree that I was supposed to load debris underneath with the grapple truck. I very likely would have brushed other limbs which may have been enough to trigger these hornets.
  7. Jehinten

    more fun with knucklebooms

    That's correct, I had mine made here in Evansville Indiana. I'm glad you like them. I don't break them out often, but its great to have them when they are needed.
  8. Jehinten

    more fun with knucklebooms

    I have a set like that. Heavy to work with, but they bite in and are much more durable for chunky picks than the nylon slings we use for brushing the tree and smaller logs.
  9. Jehinten

    *Solo rigging* Whatcha using? Swivel Bail Shackle and similar methods/?

    I spliced another version of this last night for taking picks with the grapple truck today, instead of trusting the grapple as we were making cuts over a privacy fence and dumpsters at an apartment complex. For picking up debris the grapple is great, for cutting limbs and having them...
  10. Jehinten

    thoughts on this 2013 f750? under cdl

    Perhaps call a mechanic local to the truck to look it over before you drive out there? It might save you the trip if it isn't mechanically sound.
  11. Jehinten

    thoughts on this 2013 f750? under cdl

    I don't know that truck specifically but I used to have a similar sized truck that was a bucket truck with a chip box that pulled a 12" chipper. It did fine and had a 366 gas engine in it. It wasn't fast but it did the job. I imagine the boom and all additional components and hydro fluid...
  12. Jehinten

    0

    And unfortunately not big enough for some of us. Otherwise I'd love to try these boots out.
  13. Jehinten

    Grapple Truck Search

    Same here. The only reason to want a dump bed in my experience is to dump out the "fluff" of twigs and leaves. I usually just leave them most times I unload and occasionally I'll spend a few more minutes getting that fluff out. It never builds up enough to affect capacity. @BrendanG...
  14. Jehinten

    2nd Stihl saw for climbing

    Mine was modded by mastermind work saws. He does only port new saws.
  15. Jehinten

    New saddle for heavy guy?

    I'm a bigger guy, 6'1" 290. Monkeybeaver 1.0 is what i use. Very comfortable holds a big saw with no problem without suspenders. I've tried the sequoia even before I'd gained the most recent weight and I found it very uncomfortable to hang in. On spurs was fine.
  16. Jehinten

    Teach me about dump trailers

    Just a thought on the cdl. When buying new you can have the title of a trailer derated to under cdl requirements. So you have a heavier duty trailer that is still road legal. Curious, is there much of a DOT presence on an island that inhabits 200 people? When comparing different...
  17. Jehinten

    2nd Stihl saw for climbing

    My favorite in tree saw until I need something bigger is a modded 261 with 18" bar. Small enough to fit through a crowded tree with plenty of power when you need it.
  18. Jehinten

    Teach me about dump trailers

    Rarely advertised. There are multiple trailer sales around here and only one was willing to incorporate this design into a build for him. I plan to buy the same style. They have gas shocks to assist with the weight of the ramps and he uses his to load a vermeer atx850.
  19. Jehinten

    Teach me about dump trailers

    With hand loading, look into a roll off trailer. I don't know if they make one under cdl. You can set the box on ground level and load, then raise onto the frame. You can switch beds as well if ever needed. Or there is the option of fold down ramps built into the tailgate like this A buddy...
  20. Jehinten

    climbing with big saws

    No fancy techniques but the right harness makes a big difference. And I'm sure not all climbers will agree on "the right harness" for everyone. A tophandle would pull my sequia down when I ran one years ago. My monkeybeaver 1.0 holds a 500i or 661 with 36" bar with no problem and no suspenders.

New threads New posts

Back
Top Bottom