Search results

  1. D

    Tango Light

    I usually wear a 9.5 and got a pair of size 10 Tango VI's that I felt fit well. The inside of the boot is somewhat padded, so they did not feel too big, especially after taking a week or 2 to get used to them, and especially wearing wool socks in winter. Maybe an unpopular opinion here, but I...
  2. D

    Tree Care Service in Doylestown, PA - Hiring

    Keystone Tree Experts, a small company located in Doylestown, PA, is looking to hire more production employees. We are specifically looking for experienced climbers/bucket operators, but the right person will be more than welcome. Keystone is primarily a Plant Health Care Company, but does...
  3. D

    ThimbleSaver retrieval

    Anyone have any tips for retrieving a Thimblsaver without a tight eye splice on the end of your line? One end of my primary climbing line has a sewn splice that is too thick to fit through the small thimble. The other end has no splice. I tried girth hitching the retrieval cone to the non...
  4. D

    Good Rec Climbing Locations around Philly?

    Looking for good rec climbing spots, specifically in Bucks County. Anyone know of any good spots? Also, anyone know shat the PA laws are for climbing trees in parks/on public property, etc?
  5. D

    Aluminum Ring canopy anchor

    Hardware falling out of a tree is a good point. You're right though, RBJtree, remote retrieval would mitigate that. More than anything I'm worried about side loading the ring.
  6. D

    Aluminum Ring canopy anchor

    Anyone use an aluminum ring for a canopy anchor or redirect? Specifically the one that comes on TreeMotions? Or is steel necessary?
  7. D

    New climbing line

    When you climb DRT/MRS on HTP are you using a hitch climber system?
  8. D

    New climbing line

    I've been told that lines like HTP won't set properly if you want to use a Blake's hitch. I rarely do, Im on the hitch climber system most of the time. But I am curious why a lot of the more static lines in the Sherrill catalogue aren't recommended for DRT.
  9. D

    New climbing line

    Looking for a climbing rope with less elasticity than Yale's 11.7 Ivy, but still acceptable for double line. I've heard good things about the smaller diameter HTP, but I've been told its exclusively an SRT line. Any suggestions?
  10. D

    Spiking boots?

    Anyone have recommendations for a decent pair of inexpensive boots to wear with spikes? Also advice for a more quality pair to get later on down the line?
  11. D

    Petzl Sequoia (Non-SRT) 2019 Review

    Is there a way to adjust the distance the leg loops are from the waist belt? I know on the previous SRT version (never tried on the DRT one) you could adjust the distance the leg straps fell in the back, but not the front. I.E. giving your sack more room, and having the leg straps ride down...
  12. D

    SJ3 vs. HC

    Anybody that has used both the Spiderjack 3 and the Hitch Climber system, how do the two compare? Any tips on transitioning from HC to SJ3?
  13. D

    The Shultz Effect

    I bought the Schultz Effect a few months ago, and am trying to log back onto Gumroad to check it out, but am having trouble. Has anyone else had similar problems?
  14. D

    ART Positioner HELP!

    Is an anchor hitch an acceptable knot to attach a second bridge?
  15. D

    ART Positioner HELP!

    Jehinten, you were right. Sitting into helps. I'm starting to like it more.
  16. D

    ART Positioner HELP!

    New question though: I want to put a second bridge on a TreeMotion S. Light. What's the best way to do that?
  17. D

    ART Positioner HELP!

    I did have that. Thank you, Bango Skank. I was just being an idiot. UPDATE! I was having trouble sliding the bearing posts out, so I couldn't remove the clutch. Problem solved. I am a little dissapointed at how much it is slipping on the tritech right now, but I am hoping it is just a learning...
  18. D

    ART Positioner HELP!

    Maybe I am an idiot, but... I bought a Positioner 2 w/ swivel and some Tritech to put it on, but the Tritech is spliced on both ends, so I can't just slide the rope through the positioner to assemble my new lanyard. Anyone have a good video on how to dismantle a positioner 2 to get it onto a...
  19. D

    Sterling Scion

    Has anyone here used the blue 11.5mm Scion rope for SRT? I'm looking for a rope that is good for SRT and DRT around 11.5mm.
  20. D

    Retired hitch cord use

    Anybody have any clever uses (inside or outside of climbing) for old hitch cords?

New threads New posts

Back
Top Bottom