Tango Light

Jzack605

About to get my tax return and was thinking about some boots for rec climbing and pruning. I love my meindl airstreams but they are definitely somewhat clunky. Anyone try the tangos? I like that style a lot so if I’m missing something I’d love suggestions. There was something similar by 5-10 I can’t find due to no more production.

Reach

I’ve heard good things about the Tangos, as long as you’re not walking on the ground much in them. They don’t have much padding, and they don’t hold the stirrup off a set of spurs real well, but they should be excellent pruning and rec climbing boots. A better removal and part-time ground boot would be the Evo 2, or the ScaffellLite.

Jzack605

Yeah I’ll keep using my meindl’s for ground work, removals and pruning still. Awesome boots, but they’re so overbuilt I think I want a little more feel in pruning and rec situations.

Reach

Yeah I’ll keep using my meindl’s for ground work, removals and pruning still. Awesome boots, but they’re so overbuilt I think I want a little more feel in pruning and rec situations.
Understand about that, the Tangos will definitely give you more feel, they’re about as close as you’ll get to a rock climbing shoe in the tree world, if you’ve ever worn climbing shoes.

treebing

They are great but I'm kind of irritated. I am size 44 and I have gone through 3 pairs that were excellent. They were actually on the tight side which is great for a Climbing shoe. So I ordered 2 pairs. They said 44 but they are huge on me. Now I have two pairs that are too big.

dtreez

I usually wear a 9.5 and got a pair of size 10 Tango VI's that I felt fit well. The inside of the boot is somewhat padded, so they did not feel too big, especially after taking a week or 2 to get used to them, and especially wearing wool socks in winter.

Maybe an unpopular opinion here, but I started taking the lower strap of my spikes and wrapping it underneath the spike itself to pull the whole gaff up into my boot. I never had a problem with my spikes slipping when I did that, though there was extra wear on the lower strap.

I did find them to be a really comfortable spiking boot once I started doing that though.

Jzack605

Interesting. I don’t do a ton of work on spikes however and would use a different pair of boots for that. But I’ll keep that tip in mine if I ever use the tangos so I appreciate it

Jzack605

Hmmmm wondering if I can get away with the 9’s listed if I typically wear a 9.5. Might pull the trigger on those, thanks for heads up. I didn’t see that whole section when I was scouring their deals a few days ago.

Birdyman88

I have a slightly used pair of 9s if u want to buy I can get some pics. I wear 81/2 and they were to big
Red or Green? I might be interested in them if I had the inside measurements from toe to heel. Or, your foot measurement from heel to big toe tip if you want post such personal info online ;)

TheTreeMD

I am on my second set. I would highly recommend them. Definitely a pruning slipper. I wear mine up in a tree and that is it. I try to get them off right after being done with pruning, which of course means not fast enough usually. They last about a year that way. otherwise, by far the best shoe I have used for pruning and rec/comp. Sorry to hear that about the sizing @treebing . I bought two pairs of Sidi mountainbike shoes a long time ago and had the same thing happen...cost me like $400 and they were on sale.... no return... no bueno.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom