Search results

  1. D

    Courant Squir

    Thank you for the advice, everyone. I ended up milking the slack out of the rope twice by running a 6 could prusik down the entire length od rope, and that seemed to help break it in. The rope has more elasticity than I would have thought, but it's not a bad rope.
  2. D

    Courant Squir

    Those of you that are climbing on Squir, what systems are you using? When I sat on the rope with my rope runner (classic), I sunk straight to the ground. I've tried the akimbo 1 and am finding it difficult to get my settings dialed just right. Even my go to hitchea with the Rope Wrench either...
  3. D

    Spring/Fall Work Pants

    Does anyone have any work pants they like for spring/fall? Not too cool and thin, but not too warm?
  4. D

    Safety Incentive Program

    Does anyone have a safety incentive program at their company that they find effective? Either positive, or negative reinforcement?
  5. D

    Short vs. Long Bridge?

    Do you use a Kinisi adjustable bridge?
  6. D

    Short vs. Long Bridge?

    Do you prefer having a short or long bridge on your saddle and why? How many of us are making use of adjustable or multiple bridges and why?
  7. D

    Canopy Anchors

    For me personally, it's about work positioning. Two ropes allows/encourages me to work in a way that's easier on my body. I can take two redirects and work two adjacent columns of a tree with one ascent. Taking awkward redirects is a lot less awkward with two ropes.
  8. D

    Canopy Anchors

    Apologies for the clutter, but this setup worked perfectly for me the other day. I set the yellow StatX (200') from the ground and used a homemade soft 8 for an anchor. I had about 100' for retrieval and 100' to climb on. I then climbed up to my tie in with the purple Kalimba (~90') and set...
  9. D

    Best 32 strand: blue 32, hyperstatic, squir etc

    Do you notice much of a difference in the diameter and weight of Squir and StatX? I use StatX and I love it, but it does feel pretty thick and heavy for 11.5.
  10. D

    Beeline Splice Instructions

    Is that this one? chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://www.samsonrope.com/docs/default-source/splice-instructions/dblbrd_c2_eye_splice_web.pdf?sfvrsn=2baf982e_2
  11. D

    Canopy Anchors

    I'm not climbing much right now, but when I get back to it, I'll try to remember to take some pics and post here.
  12. D

    Two Rope Climbing

    I love this! What cordage did you use going through the thimble in the red thimblesaver?
  13. D

    Beeline Splice Instructions

    Does anyone know; for splicing eyes onto Yale's Beeline, which splicing instructions on their website are the right ones to follow?
  14. D

    Courant Kalimba

    Cons: The rope is rather heavy. Pros: VERY low elongation, pretty good hand and knotability for such a static kernmantle rope. I've used it with Rope Wrench, Rope Runner classic, Akimbo, and Hitch Hiker. It's been great with all of them.
  15. D

    Courant Kalimba

    I ended up going a pretty different direction and trying out Drayer's Tango StatX. Its' a much heavier rope than I'm used to, but I really like it.
  16. D

    Gear bags?

    Does anyone have any recommendations for something like the Courant cross, but smaller? 'm looking for a bag I can use just to keep miscellaneous hardware in and keep it organized. Maybe a saddle as well, but I'm committed to separate bags for my ropes.
  17. D

    Canopy Anchors

    I haven't gotten around to the American clacker yet, but I'm only a few steps away. After talking to @SoftBankHawks I've started piggybacking a canobase to a soft 8, or just a cinched bowline or butterfly. He's inspired me to try climbing on 2 ropes, and I'm basically committed to it 99% of the...
  18. D

    Courant Kalimba

    Are there any other ropes you could compare it to? Any Samson products or XStstic or Blue Moon?
  19. D

    Marlow 11.8mm climbing lines?

    @rico and @oldoakman , what do you like about Vega?
  20. D

    Marlow 11.8mm climbing lines?

    Anyone have any experience with these? What other ropes would you compare them to? What are the pros and cons?

New threads New posts

Back
Top Bottom