Search results

  1. chris_girard

    Fid for ascent event?

    Could you post pics of this or a video when you set it up?
  2. chris_girard

    My Videos

    Yeah, Steve is most definitely a stand up guys. Met him years ago at our crane workshop in PA and get the pleasure of seeing him every year that I go down there. I consider him a friend.
  3. chris_girard

    My Videos

    Wow, just read about your injury Rico. Really sorry to hear about it. Boy shit happens fast in our business. How old are you again? I'm sure that you have many good years of climbing ahead of you. I just turned 55 on Aug 5th, suffered a massive heart attack 3 yrs ago (weighing only 168 lbs) and...
  4. chris_girard

    Crane accident 8/31/21 Washington State

    Wow, I did not know that about Eastside Tree Care. I know another really good climber who works for them.
  5. chris_girard

    Crane accident 8/31/21 Washington State

    Cool, thanks for the info Rico!
  6. chris_girard

    Crane accident 8/31/21 Washington State

    Agreed Steve, Rico know's his shit.
  7. chris_girard

    Crane accident 8/31/21 Washington State

    Hey Rico, thanks for the link to your videos, some good stuff there! Quick question. In your second video, on demonstrating your flip line technique, You're using a 3 strand flip line. I like to do the same myself. Did you spice it yourself and what size is it and what are you using for a...
  8. chris_girard

    Crane accident 8/31/21 Washington State

    We should never, never use a crane as a remote rigging point. Dumb ass practice.
  9. chris_girard

    Crane accident 8/31/21 Washington State

    I have worked with cowboy crane operators, who on the butt pick set off the alarms and than override the safety to make the lift. Total idiots IMO and I will no longer have them on my job sites, let alone ever contract climb for them again.
  10. chris_girard

    Crane accident 8/31/21 Washington State

    Vert true Matt!
  11. chris_girard

    Crane accident 8/31/21 Washington State

    Well, if you're watching August and Reg's videos, than you're watching good work. August doesn't have years of crane experience under his belt...yet, and some of the things that he does with his crane (like using it as a remote rigging point) are not what the crane engineers designed it for...
  12. chris_girard

    Crane accident 8/31/21 Washington State

    I know Jake and consider him a friend. He came to our Crane Climber Class down in PA a few years ago and I was impressed with his climbing and passion for tree care, you could see it. When he started posting videos on YouTube and Instagram, I started following him. I spoke with him after he got...
  13. chris_girard

    DMM Offya

    Good stuff!
  14. chris_girard

    Crane accident 8/31/21 Washington State

    Jake wasn't the one doing the climbing on this job, he wasn't there and doesn't know exactly what went wrong. He says nobody was hurt.
  15. chris_girard

    Incorrect knot in Petzl official information?

    Anyone notice how the Petzl climber is only ascending SRT and then will switch to DdRT after he ascends? Didn't think the lower hole on the handled ascender was made for this?
  16. chris_girard

    Hobbs VS Stein RCW-3001 VS GRCS... vs Rope Jack vs Rigging Wrench RP292... Rig small and boring.

    I've been thinking about selling my GRCS and buying another HOBBS H2. It is always our go to LD for jobs. With my modified ratchet handle, one person can crank and lift pieces just fine.
  17. chris_girard

    Tips on climbing srs with spikes

    Part of the problem is putting on spikes once you are in the tree. Can be a PITA sometimes.
  18. chris_girard

    Tree Motion or monkey beaver?

    Get a TreeFlex if you can find one. BEST harness ever made!
  19. chris_girard

    No More TreeFlex Saddle?

    I agree Roger. Never got the recognition that he deserves for his contribution to our industry.

New threads New posts

Back
Top Bottom