Tree Motion or monkey beaver?

swingdude

De' Island Buzzer
@Reliable tree man .....keep dialing that TM in....been using TMs since 2011. I am 6' 180 lbs and a 33 waist. They fit like a used baseball glove. Molds to your shape. Rides low and the hip to lower D adjustment is where the sweet spot happens.....if done correctly you will be in nuetral when in suspension....not tipping forward or backward. This is an 880 with 48" bar. It does not get much heavier in a tree. Holds it easily no pain. 2018-10-21 20.45.57.png

rico

@Reliable tree man .....keep dialing that TM in....been using TMs since 2011. I am 6' 180 lbs and a 33 waist. They fit like a used baseball glove. Molds to your shape. Rides low and the hip to lower D adjustment is where the sweet spot happens.....if done correctly you will be in nuetral when in suspension....not tipping forward or backward. This is an 880 with 48" bar. It does not get much heavier in a tree. Holds it easily no pain. View attachment 54726
Killer pic Swing!

I could never understand why so many folks complain about hanging bigger saws off a TM. To me it hold a big saw as well or better than any saddle have ever worn. Put some suspenders on the TM, and forget about it.

Reliable tree man

Killer pic Swing!

I could never understand why so many folks complain about hanging bigger saws off a TM. To me it hold a big saw as well or better than any saddle have ever worn. Put some suspenders on the TM, and forget about it.

I think I will try some suspenders on mine. The hip pain I was talking about goes away when I make sure the belt is just below the tops of my hip bones. Hanging in it has always been fairly comfortable (except when it is too high on my waist) and I’ve got it adjusted so I hang in the right spot - not too far forward or backward.

The problem I have when I fasten the belt below my hip bone is that it wants to fall off, particularly with a saw hanging. And I do it up quite tight. Besides the suspenders, is there something I’m missing that will get a saw to hang well and not want to pull it off?

TimBr

Official Well Known Greeter
@rico; Thanks for posting those photos, and the recommendation on the suspenders. I think I'd feel more comfortable with something stronger than the bungee, though. Maybe it's not an issue, if it seems to be handling the weight of your big saws no problem, though.

Thanks again.

Tim

Tree Time

Well I got the tree motion. I couldn’t decide which one to get but the tree motion was $100 cheaper and if you spend $500 at tree stuff you get a free notch bag. I can’t wait to try it out.
Free notch bag??? is this still available? I just spent $ 1,500, wouldn't mind one of those notch bags

Serf Life

Great info in this thread. Been goin back and forth on the next saddle, reading all of this has me leaning towards TM s.light vs TM. Was thinking to go Onyx to support US manufacturer but looks gaumy. 6' 160lbs... Thx to those who chimed in.

Acerxharlowii

I have the tm light and it’s a great saddle!! It’s easily adjustable too without the clip buckle. Super comfy as well. The leather conforms to your body. Make sure you wear it right just underneath your hip bone.

Pelorus

I can honestly say the MB feels broken in right from the start.

X2
I added Tree Austria suspenders to my MB, because with a large saw it would drag down.
No saddle I've ever either owned or tried was as comfortable or carried tool weight better than my old Sierra Morano.

rico

X2
I added Tree Austria suspenders to my MB, because with a large saw it would drag down.
No saddle I've ever either owned or tried was as comfortable or carried tool weight better than my old Sierra Morano.
Which Blair/Sierra Moreno saddle do you speak of Pelorus? Ultra-light, Bry-Dan, Old school Floating Dee?

rico

Great info in this thread. Been goin back and forth on the next saddle, reading all of this has me leaning towards TM s.light vs TM. Was thinking to go Onyx to support US manufacturer but looks gaumy. 6' 160lbs... Thx to those who chimed in.
The Onyx is a great saddle once dialed in, but I would personally take the TM s.light over the Onyx or the regular TM. YMMV of coarse.

Last edited:

rico

Not a floating dee.
It now lives in Costa Rica. I look forward to wearing it every winter for a week or two.
View attachment 60581
Thats Don's Ultralight with leg straps, a floating Dee, and his modular back pad (I think he called it the back-a-lign). Just a kickass saddle and right up there with most of the latest & greatest modern saddles. Super comfy and holds a saw/gear like a mofo.

Kandelero

TreeMo Light with a 395XP with a 42", and a 562XP with a 28". Rides like a fucking cadillac!

6 foot, 160 lbs, 28" waist, with the ass of a 12 year old pre-pubescent boy! Fits me like a glove.

View attachment 54657 View attachment 54658
Hey Rico. Old thread but I'm shopping for a new saddle and wondered if you'd tried the Evo over the S-Light, and if so, if they fit differently for your frame. Given the saws you haul I was slightly surprised to read you had gone with less padding. Because of ride or extra weight? I like you have no ass to speak of. 6'3", 33W, 175.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts
Top Bottom