Tips on climbing srs with spikes

rico

Like everything else in life, once you have put your spurs on in a tree a few times it gets a whole lot easier.

I have 3-4 Powerscenders around here, and putting my spurs on after I ascend to my TIP has kinda become my preferred method.

Mallett

Good lord.. Simply ascend using a footie and knee ascender, then put on your spurs when you reach you TIP. Problem solved...

I understand you can put spikes on up in the tree, my question was for ascending the rope with spurs already on. Sorry if it was a dumb question I haven’t been on srs for that long. Shank mounted footie sounds like a good idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mallett

Today I set a line and choked my spurs and friction saver to the top. 50’ of poison ivy will keep one from spurring up the trunk.

Me a week ago lmao
540a6b46217f25d27a02d2ef0bfdea7a.jpg

Jehinten

I got lucky and picked up one of his for my kliens as treestuff was getting rid of stock. $100 off made it an easy choice to invest in spur mounted ascender.
Recently I've threaded a CMI foot ascender on my upper strap on the opposite leg. Makes for a convenient knee ascender, although the technique is different than running a SAKA.

oceans

I understand you can put spikes on up in the tree, my question was for ascending the rope with spurs already on. Sorry if it was a dumb question I haven’t been on srs for that long. Shank mounted footie sounds like a good idea.

Dude, never apologize for a “dumb question”. The fact that you posted in the first place means you’re helping countless people that read this forum but never post.

oceans

Today I set a line and choked my spurs and friction saver to the top. 50’ of poison ivy will keep one from spurring up the trunk.
Call me lucky. I just looked at a tree with a new client. She asked how I would do anything with it because of all the poison ivy vine. I asked, “Oh, this stuff?” as I tore a leaf off and ate it. Her jaw just dropped. Maybe I shouldn’t be so brazen, one day I just might react badly to urushiol.

Chaplain242

Call me lucky. I just looked at a tree with a new client. She asked how I would do anything with it because of all the poison ivy vine. I asked, “Oh, this stuff?” as I tore a leaf off and ate it. Her jaw just dropped. Maybe I shouldn’t be so brazen, one day I just might react badly to urushiol.
A new culinary delight?

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts
Top Bottom