I have a HH-like device with rope down the center and hitch cord ends located at the sides just like the HH on the HH dogbone. I used the OG "HH" knot/hitch and I found the same sensitivity as reported for the HH - the shorter the hitch legs, the better the hitch disengagement for ascent and...
I have previously gotten wasps in the house in the middle of winter that are frozen in/on the firewood I bring inside, thaw, and then fly around, Frost last night and as I was stacking some wood today a wasp slowly crawled around the edge of a piece of wood I was gripping, right beside my...
The chain links zagging action is a bit of a different animal I think to get depth of development knowledge on. In the Petzl zigzag patent there was still some base covering going on and it seems they switched from "diabolo" ( pulley groove ie turned on a lathe) type bollards to the grooved...
There's a new teaser short vid on youtube which I can't cleanly link. Shows the device articulating. Appears to have even more chain links than the zigzag.
edit:: another short linked clean
edit: yesterday's vid linked clean:
Strength if the whipping action is certainly one of the parameters. I figure defining that is part of the solution. Part of the DARPA exoskeleton activity was defining human leg/walking power.
Maybe a new gizmo could be a Mythbusters/SmarterEveryDay style ridiculous power rope whipper. :)...
On The Topic of Rope Technique Practical Limitations
This post is inspired by the post showing IIRC 10:1 actual block and tackle performance no matter how many extra pulleys you throw at it. In this post I recall the technique where, with your arm or with an extension stick, you whip sideways...
I'm a fan of Donzelli's work and a harsh/locked groundie rope control on a compromised spar while Peter was aloft is the same story I recall.
My name is Bart and I've got a home made BMS Belay Spool. I'm addicted to 1 1/2 wraps.
In the patent info Petzl filed June 2011 implying they designed, developed tested and got the patent done in just over 4 months if they started in Jan 2011. I would consider that a large effort. Chances are they twigged off the Uni's chain links when the Uni was public in 2009. Then it sounds...
Yeah, I spotted some inconsistency for the required air pressure for height on the advertisement page. It's probably got it's variables like eg tamping, barrel type etc.
For fun if you've got the right version of iphone, shoot a 240 fps vid of you cranking the ball valve and the bag exiting...
Found a vid on zigzag mentioning they received their patent in 2011, got to market 2013. Where the heck have the years gone?! Made me curious so I looked up Thompson Unicender and found it to be trialing (pre?)-Rock Exotica in 2009. Cripes.
Someone should see (and post) if the wraptor girls...
I used to keep track of dirtbike use by tanks of gas which had a rough correspondence to hours of use - those piston rings wore out quick. Don't worry, little industrial engines like the Tanaka are low strung and last for ages. Sounds like yours is near new condition. It's a checkmark if your...
Devil's in the details. If petzl link chain quality and geometry could be paired with the reflex's SRT enabled lower rope pinch (perhaps also given a tuneup) it could possibly remove the chicanery rw. There's design leeway on a rope pinch so I think it might turn out well. That being said...
I can get condensation, but the moisture has to get transported into the soil from somewhere in the first place. Does it just soak in sideways from nearby pervious-surfaced soil, or are we talking high ground water level (from below). ? Remember the roots are constantly sucking the soil dry (I...
It feels like I'm looking at a 60's V8 muscle car vs today's world of chinese knock-offs.
How many hrs, or maybe easier, tanks of gas have you run through it? Just estimate, for purposes of normal wear.