What rope should I get?

Cereal_Killer

Enjoying bluemoon on both SRS and MRS, you should too. Recently bought some Sherrill Ivy and it seems good, although flattens on SRS w/ RW. Only climbed it 3-4 times though and no MRS yet.
@swingdude and I are talking about Yale Poisin Ivy (and Focus), sherril ivy (made by Samson) is a different rope.

oldoakman

I have a chunk of Focus in my northern gear stash and have to say you cant focus when you look at it. The colors do funky things to your eyes. Cant imagine it would do to someone tripping.

swingdude

De' Island Buzzer
I own 1 75ft hank of the poly / poly and it is good shit!

Poly/nylon has a single yellow strand in the cover braid to differentiate it from the all poly.
Yes. Learned that at Honey Brothers UK in 2015 when I spent 4 months there. It's cover is insanely durable. Have owned at least 800ft of it. But alas there are some new great ropes. Hyperclimb is insanely smooth. Got 450ft of it. Lol.

rico

Yes. Learned that at Honey Brothers UK in 2015 when I spent 4 months there. It's cover is insanely durable. Have owned at least 800ft of it. But alas there are some new great ropes. Hyperclimb is insanely smooth. Got 450ft of it. Lol.
Hows the durability of the Hyperclimb? I don't do tender ropes.

treesap

samson velocity is AWESOME, I climb on a 200ft section of sterling scion, it too is great but I have trouble finding hitch cord that will grab on it, it is also a little stretchy but overall a great rope

swingdude

De' Island Buzzer
I got the hyperclimb a month ago. I find it flattens much more than any other rope I have used with the rope runner, and runs a lot faster than your average 11.7... but I do like it.
You need to milk the shit out of it. Oh and get a wrench......ha ha. Once milked it will stay rounder and be very hard. I am a firm believer in milking ropes often when new. Makes a world of diff in performance.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom