What rope should I get?

JMB6

Newbie here.
I dont want to buy twice and want to invest in best srt rope to start with.
Is there common agreement about what is the best srt rope? Please let me know.
I am thinking about getting 2 different ropes, one for srt, and another one that would work with both srt and drt.
I will be using zigzag and have few extra pounds, just in case it helps with the choice of rope.

Stumpsprouts

I’m a fan of Blue Craze aka Cherry Bomb as a great SRT rope and a good all around rope, for DdRT and SRT both, but I don’t usually run it natural crotch.
This has also been my favorite for years.

Crimsonking

How much did you “really” hate it to buy a second one?
A friend offered me a hank for a serious deal, so I bought it for the little bit of training I do. I ended up trying it in the field and just started using it more and more. The real difference is the rrp. I was enjoying it well enough, but mechanicals have never come too naturally for me. When I put it on the xstatic, they just worked super well together.

swingdude

De' Island Buzzer
A friend offered me a hank for a serious deal, so I bought it for the little bit of training I do. I ended up trying it in the field and just started using it more and more. The real difference is the rrp. I was enjoying it well enough, but mechanicals have never come too naturally for me. When I put it on the xstatic, they just worked super well together.
Boy that rope was a huge disappointment. Thing was so STATIC but bouncy too. Like could that be even possible. Any rope with nylon in it I avoid. This was to be avoided but it tricked me. Do not even get me started on drenaline. I blew a gasket the minute I put an ascender on that rope....rope Gods laughed so bad.

swingdude

De' Island Buzzer
Km3max was another nightmare. Lordy tuefelburger's answer to yale is so tame. But many swear by these ropes. Good for them. Lol.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Arbor Expo
Top Bottom