Remove

LordFarkwad

I never knew. How does it tend with the biner in there?
I don't know, tbh - I got a Lawton and only tried it as a hyper-short tether and it sucked because there just wasn't any room after adding the required number of wraps to support my weight. With a hitch that short, smooth descent control is pretty difficult to obtain.

LordFarkwad

The eye is tight enough to hold onto a biner pretty well, so maybe that helps with what I'd imagine you're speculating the issue might be (floppiness). But I don't know.

Christrees

I don't know, tbh - I got a Lawton and only tried it as a hyper-short tether and it sucked because there just wasn't any room after adding the required number of wraps to support my weight. With a hitch that short, smooth descent control is pretty difficult to obtain.
Ok good info. Idk much about the tethers ive only used the at height tether. Maybe i should get the rope logic shorty. 9.5" . I can get it on amazon for 35 or 40 .then i wont have to spend a 100 to get free shipping. Ive bought alot of shit the last couple days

Christrees

Hmph..yeah i found out the hard way that i dont trust mechanicals enough. Bought a spiderjack 3. Sold it for a loss bought a zigzag sold it for a loss bought a rope runner pro. Sold it for a loss. But i like the hybrids. I have a hh2. And a rope wrench on the way. I had 1 before but sold it to get the hh2 to be more compact. But i really liked the rope wrench so im getting another. But ive taken a big loss on mechanicals its crazy. Idk why i dont trust them enough. The tending is amazing.

Tuebor

I see that description now on the WesSpur site of switching back and forth to MRS. That wasn't there when I bought it over two years ago. I was wondering why guys were buying a short tether and then extending it with an XSRE.

Christrees

I thought the Lawton tether setup is meant to be more like the Chicane, in that you adjoin the tether to the hitch climber (or whatever pulley you use) with a carabiner, in order to facilitate a quick transition to/from MRS/DdRT (not requiring the system to be more-or-less fully disassembled, as is normally required with the typical setups where the hitch, tending pulley, and saddle connection are all combined into one).

In other words, by the time you add the carabiner in there, it's about the same length as a normal setup, but is much shorter than if one were to do a comparable setup with a 'normal'-length tether.
Hey man i finally realized what you mean when i googled the setup. I didnt know it was ment to be used like that. My bad. I thought you could use it like a regular setup. But then it must be too short. I haven't had a short tether yet. But i ordered the shorty that will be nice. But thanks for opening my eyes on that one. Im glad you did. I would have orderd a $100 of shit right now that i dont need just to get that tether i wouldnt have used. So thanks.

LordFarkwad

Hey man i finally realized what you mean when i googled the setup. I didnt know it was ment to be used like that. My bad. I thought you could use it like a regular setup. But then it must be too short. I haven't had a short tether yet. But i ordered the shorty that will be nice. But thanks for opening my eyes on that one. Im glad you did. I would have orderd a $100 of shit right now that i dont need just to get that tether i wouldnt have used. So thanks.
Hey man, my mistake was your win then xD

Apparently it works for some though, which is awesome, because the thing is micro, in that case. But I'm ~220lbs loaded up, and getting a hitch to work with that short of a tether...not happening.

Christrees

Hey man, my mistake was your win then xD

Apparently it works for some though, which is awesome, because the thing is micro, in that case. But I'm ~220lbs loaded up, and getting a hitch to work with that short of a tether...not happening.
Yeah thanks..lol yeah i own up to my mistakes. Hurts the ego sometimes but thats how you learn. I haven't been climbing for that long. And i just got into srt last year because of this site. Love it man amazing site. Ive learned so much from this place im glad i found it when i was selling my spiderjack 3. I wasn't planning on getting back on here after. But then i started reading all these threads and now i cant stop. Its great. Hurts the wallet sometimes. Lol. I cant wait to start this season. Im going to try to do alot of srt this year.

LordFarkwad

Yeah thanks..lol yeah i own up to my mistakes. Hurts the ego sometimes but thats how you learn. I haven't been climbing for that long. And i just got into srt last year because of this site. Love it man amazing site. Ive learned so much from this place im glad i found it when i was selling my spiderjack 3. I wasn't planning on getting back on here after. But then i started reading all these threads and now i cant stop. Its great. Hurts the wallet sometimes. Lol. I cant wait to start this season. Im going to try to do alot of srt this year.

This site is a heck of a resource. Keep reading, man.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom