Remove

Christrees

Ive never tried that 1 under the rope wrench. And i had a bit of a hard time trying to fid the right rope slash hitch cord to make it grab reliably. Ive got some 28s plus extra hitch cord to tie my own

Lupin_IV

Michoacan/petroacan is the hitch of hitches imo. Tried many, its flawless in comparison and anytime I make a move to improve my system it works even better. 26" 9.3 epi on 11.7s, but just grabbed a 24" hrc which seems to be the pinnacle of performance for a hitch based SRS system. Ideal for the rare MRS climb as well.

Christrees

Michoacan/petroacan is the hitch of hitches imo. Tried many, its flawless in comparison and anytime I make a move to improve my system it works even better. 26" 9.3 epi on 11.7s, but just grabbed a 24" hrc which seems to be the pinnacle of performance for a hitch based SRS system. Ideal for the rare MRS climb as well.
Alright cool thanks..ive got some 9mm epi and ill try it on my xstatic. 10mm veritas works great on 12.7 vortex.

LordFarkwad

What 11.7s are you climbing on? Varieties of Yale Ivy?

Christrees

Seems like ill just have to put the order in at wesspur. But 1 question. I can get the regular shorty tether from Amazon and have in just a few days. I think its what 9" 9.5". Is the lawton really worth it. At 7" i do think so i like my system compact. The only thing is the lawton looks pretty cheap flimsy. I wish it was bulked up like the shorty tehthers. Let me know. I have my order all ready just have to hit proceed to checkout.

Tuebor

It might be considered a novelty - something you try just because it's different, not because you really need a shorter tether. My hitch frequently makes contact with the bottom of the wrench but it doesn't seem to affect its functionality at all. The tether seems tough enough. Min has lasted much longer than a version I had from Treezers.

LordFarkwad

I thought the Lawton tether setup is meant to be more like the Chicane, in that you adjoin the tether to the hitch climber (or whatever pulley you use) with a carabiner, in order to facilitate a quick transition to/from MRS/DdRT (not requiring the system to be more-or-less fully disassembled, as is normally required with the typical setups where the hitch, tending pulley, and saddle connection are all combined into one).

In other words, by the time you add the carabiner in there, it's about the same length as a normal setup, but is much shorter than if one were to do a comparable setup with a 'normal'-length tether.

Christrees

Yeah the setup should be about 5" shorter. The original tethers are i believe 12" . Though there are other heights like 10" 9.5: and maybe 11" other than the lawtons 7.5".

So it should be considerably amount shorter setup. Im a little confused about this the way you worded it or something wether you add a carabiner on a 7.5" or a 12" shouldn't matter. Idk ive only used the at height tether. So i dont know much about it. But the lawton is the most compact tether you can get. I do know that because i tried to have iron street from wesspur make a 6" one. They wouldn't.

Christrees

I thought the Lawton tether setup is meant to be more like the Chicane, in that you adjoin the tether to the hitch climber (or whatever pulley you use) with a carabiner, in order to facilitate a quick transition to/from MRS/DdRT (not requiring the system to be more-or-less fully disassembled, as is normally required with the typical setups where the hitch, tending pulley, and saddle connection are all combined into one).

In other words, by the time you add the carabiner in there, it's about the same length as a normal setup, but is much shorter than if one were to do a comparable setup with a 'normal'-length tether.
And you have me confused about how you said. You thought the lawton was supposed to be more like the chicane. And connect to the hitch climber pulley or what ever pulley your using. Thats what all tethers do.? Im confused

LordFarkwad

Yeah the setup should be about 5" shorter. The original tethers are i believe 12" . Though there are other heights like 10" 9.5: and maybe 11" other than the lawtons 7.5".

So it should be considerably amount shorter setup. Im a little confused about this the way you worded it or something wether you add a carabiner on a 7.5" or a 12" shouldn't matter. Idk ive only used the at height tether. So i dont know much about it. But the lawton is the most compact tether you can get. I do know that because i tried to have iron street from wesspur make a 6" one. They wouldn't.
The Chicane uses a pulley to join the Chicane to the ZigZag, then another carabiner to join the ZigZag to the Saddle.

If you were to set up a regular shorty tether the way I thought the Lawton was intended to be set up, you'd be inserting a carabiner specifically for the sole purpose of adjoining the tether to the tending pulley, and a separate carabiner would then be used to adjoin the pulley/hitch to your saddle, like the above described Chicane/ZZ configuration.

The purpose of doing this would be to make it so that you don't have to completely deconstruct your SRT setup the way you would if you were to desire to remove the Wrench portion of it during your climb and go DdRT without the added friction of the Wrench. With the Lawton setup with an intermediate carabiner between it and the hitch climber, you would just disconnect it.

You wouldn't typically do this with a 'normal' SRT Wrench setup, which combines the saddle/hitch attachment carabiner and the tether-affixing carabiner all into a single carabiner. But, if you wanted quick SRT-DdRT conversion, I suppose you could, although it would make the whole setup as long as a Chicane/ZZ setup, something which is often listed as a downside of that particular SRT hardware.

Tuebor

I never knew. How does it tend with the biner in there?

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom