Outriggers work...bucket won't move!

jaatree

Make sure cotter pin that is attached to lever to switch control over to outrigger isn't snapped and top controller to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jaatree

Also it's cold hydrolics don't run well in cold
There is also levers under joystick cover make sure one didn't snap or there isn't debri blocking it so control arm in or under joystick

NE Tree

Checked that. Tool switch is off
On our bucket, the tool operation valve has 3 positions. Tool operation all the way up. Bucket operation in the middle position and all the way down kills everything. May want to try that as well if possible.

jaatree

On our bucket, the tool operation valve has 3 positions. Tool operation all the way up. Bucket operation in the middle position and all the way down kills everything. May want to try that as well if possible.
He said better than I did that's what I was trying to explain on one of my replies. Just had that happen to me last month

jaatree

Try using controls from booms alternate controls if they work play with boom for 15 min extend,reach,swivel get those hydrolics. Then try again in bucket if still no luck and all other operations work everywhere else then the unit ( don't know what it's called of hand) where it switches controls. From top to bucket or or riggers to top controls. Most likely needs to be replaced. Double check no leaks anywhere. That's probably the culprit.

jaatree

Did you change any hoses recently could of put in and out on backward

jaatree

And check all cylinders for leaks even minor if cylinder bad need to repackage could be pricey.
Last check all connections could have leak or air in system. Most are self bleeding depending on yr

Treemanz

Thanks guys for the replys. Just to recap...none of the bucket or turret controls respond. The diverter is on the back right to switch from outriggers to bucket. It seems to switch fine. I've tried about everything. There is two round rubber stop buttons in the bucket. They have a hole in the center of each one. You can hear air escaping there. Never seen a safety like this. Why are there holes in the center? When pushed they dont seem to make a difference. Can this be a problem?

Treemanz

Also I've tried the turret controls. Bucket levers and joystick. No response to anything. It seems like fluid is getting to one end of the turret valve but no going thru it. You can hear pressure sound with the lower controls. Just nothing moves.

Treemanz

Yes. Called the Company. Sent me a schematic. I've got a Lift All tech who is 62 years old with 45 years experience coming tomorrow around 1pm. Will keep everyone posted. I appreciate everyone's efforts.

Treemanz

Sorry for the delay responding. The tech knew immediately just walking up by seeing the system and my description of what was going on. Remember outriggers worked great. Just no bucket operstion at all. Turns out the outriggers have a hydraulic safety switch,not electric,that tells the system the outriggers are down and to let the bucket operate. One on each outrigger. Both was frozen and not operating. This was a option on this truck ordered by the state of MD. He tried to free them up. Couldn't. So he bypassed them temporary,until new ones can be ordered,and the bucket now works correctly! Those devises are the only thing i hadnt checked. Didn't know how they worked. Hydraulic. No electric. Thanks to all for the help. If you need a awesome 62 year old bucket truck tech i can hook you up. This man was fast efficient and mobile! Day before Christmas eve! Charged me $160. More than fair. Was here 1 and half hours plus trip time. He does all heavy truck work. Certifies bucket trucks too! In the Richmond Va area. Hope this issue helps someone somehow. God blessed me with Jims assistance!

Brock Cleveland

Sorry for the delay responding. The tech knew immediately just walking up by seeing the system and my description of what was going on. Remember outriggers worked great. Just no bucket operstion at all. Turns out the outriggers have a hydraulic safety switch,not electric,that tells the system the outriggers are down and to let the bucket operate. One on each outrigger. Both was frozen and not operating. This was a option on this truck ordered by the state of MD. He tried to free them up. Couldn't. So he bypassed them temporary,until new ones can be ordered,and the bucket now works correctly! Those devises are the only thing i hadnt checked. Didn't know how they worked. Hydraulic. No electric. Thanks to all for the help. If you need a awesome 62 year old bucket truck tech i can hook you up. This man was fast efficient and mobile! Day before Christmas eve! Charged me $160. More than fair. Was here 1 and half hours plus trip time. He does all heavy truck work. Certifies bucket trucks too! In the Richmond Va area. Hope this issue helps someone somehow. God blessed me with Jims assistance!
Can I get the name and number of the tech that helped you out. I'm near Richmond, VA and have the same problem.

irgy

Could you furnish me contact info for you Field Technician....Thanks.

Herold

Can i get the name and number for the tech from the Richmond, Va area you had to work on your bucket truck?

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom