notch sentinel rigging plates

rico

@rico you see this?
I literally said its a bad idea implying people shouldn't listen to it
if your going to get your panties in a bunch, please by all means go argue with a tree stump or something, or, better yet, STOP FUCKING REPLYING TO MY STUFF
View attachment 76240
No, what you did was directly contradict a man with years of experience (Crimsonking), and then go on to contradict your-own-self self in your own fucking post... is the stub good, or is the stub bad? Make up your mind son..

You're a 14 year old child who can't seem to stop running your mouth on matters you know very little about... For the sake of this forum, please stop and just listen for awhile....

Last edited:

rico

Yeah see...I told you someone would have to say something. I work with what I have. My boss is old school and cheap. I can save alot of time using a well place stub to rig. Then having to make 1 every time. Idk how that comes to inexperienced that seems. Pretty experienced and smart to me. I know my abilities and experience level. I may not have been climbing for long because I didn't like my bosses gear. But I've been cutting out of a bucket for 10 years.

And really what does leaving a stub to rig off from actually do to bother the climber? And I'm talking about Mrs not srt. I don't leave them when climbing srt because they do get in the way then.

And I come into this site to learn new ways and have learned alot from everyone. I keep saying I'm trying to save up to get new rigging gear.

Since you seem like a young man who is genuinely interested in progressing as a tree-man I would strongly recommend that you think about hiring on with a better outfit....Do so and I'll bet your skillset would quickly grow exponentially...

Reach

Since you seem like a young man who is genuinely interested in progressing as a tree-man I would strongly recommend that you think about hiring on with a better outfit....Do so and I'll bet your skillset would quickly grow exponentially...
I’ll second that. @Christrees Now is the time to change employers, if you’re halfway decent you can walk into any good company and just about write your own paycheck these days, everyone is desperate for good help.

If you were one state further south I would suggest giving us a call. We would be glad to talk to you.

Crimsonking

Vulnerable moment- as a contract climber in an area lacking talent, it’s tough to stay on my A game. Recently a company that brings me on regularly told me of a super skilled climber that studied under Mark Chisolm. He comes up this way occasionally, so I jumped at the opportunity to schedule time with this company when he is also scheduled to work with them.

I want to be challenged and sharpened. It only happens by working with people better than ourselves. Another recent conversation has pushed me to try competing again- not to try to win, but to climb with great climbers, learn, and be better.

Christrees, what things right now, at this moment are holding you back from finding something better? This is not a challenge or accusation, pure inquiry.

rico

Vulnerable moment- as a contract climber in an area lacking talent, it’s tough to stay on my A game. Recently a company that brings me on regularly told me of a super skilled climber that studied under Mark Chisolm. He comes up this way occasionally, so I jumped at the opportunity to schedule time with this company when he is also scheduled to work with them.

I want to be challenged and sharpened. It only happens by working with people better than ourselves. Another recent conversation has pushed me to try competing again- not to try to win, but to climb with great climbers, learn, and be better.

Christrees, what things right now, at this moment are holding you back from finding something better? This is not a challenge or accusation, pure inquiry.
Who the heck is Mark Chisholm?

Bendroctanus

We can always improve. The one who says they have made it loses it all. That’s a good humble approach, man. You inspire me.
Doing a competition has been on my list since day one. But there’s always something in the way. Now that I’m self employed and starting to find my groove, I’m starting to more seriously think about putting the time aside to do it, for same reasons as you. I don’t want to win. I want to have fun and learn from my peers. Diversity breeds strength.

Christrees

I’ll second that. @Christrees Now is the time to change employers, if you’re halfway decent you can walk into any good company and just about write your own paycheck these days, everyone is desperate for good help.

If you were one state further south I would suggest giving us a call. We would be glad to talk to you.
Thanks man. I appreciate that. I'm very good at what I do. Not saying I know everything or anything like that. But I know my way around the business and I am one hell of a worker. 110% all day everyday. In another post on here I was saying on the weekends I'm trying to branch out to others tree companies get my name out there and pick up new tips and tricks from other companies. And some can see it as a bad thing or a good thing but I'm loyal. I've been with the same company 16 years. But my boss is getting older I see him slowing down more and more every year. I honestly don't think that he has many more years in the business left. And I already have 2 companies that want me when he retires.

Christrees

Yeah I know what you mean man...I'm the same way. Me and a friend compete with each other and push each other to be better. And like I was saying to reach I'm currently branching out to all the tree companies in my area. To learn new shit. My loyalty is probably the 1 thing holding me back to going to work full time with another company but like I was telling reach my boss don't have many more years left in the business. I can see it in him

Christrees

Thanks man I appreciate it...I am like I was telling the guys I'm doing all I can to branch out to other companies on weekends. To learn everything I can. But I'm loyal to my boss. But you guys have me thinking alot. Maybe if someone makes me a good enough offer I could leave and join them. But like I was saying the times coming soon either way my boss is 76 been in the business since 72 and he don't have many years left in him in the business. I see him slowing down more and more every year. I remember when I first started with him he must have been around 60 and I was about 16 and I couldn't keep up with the man. I definitely got my work ethic from him.

Crimsonking

If loyalty to him is a value you don’t want to sacrifice, I respect that- to a point. Hopefully you guys already have open communication, but if not, now is the time to start talking to him about your plans, his plans, and how they intersect or diverge moving forward. If you haven’t already, explain your growth needs. Tell him how you plan to meet those needs and see if he has ideas.

He may want to pass the company along, or he may want to shutter it when he retires. You may already know which.

I strongly suggest that you don’t sacrifice growth for loyalty. Strive for both, but don’t sacrifice your forward progress if he doesn’t support it. I’ve seen that play out, and it destroys more than you could imagine.

Christrees

Yeah I do want to talk to him about taking it over see what he says..

And Im trying not to sacrifice my growth because of my loyalties that why I'm branching out to all of the other companies around me. I want to be the best climber I can be. I want to learn everything I can. I only came into this site to sell my spider jack 3,but seen all the knowledge this site holds and I kept coming back. Now I can't stay off it.

But yeah I'll literally call a tree company see if there working on the weekend and if they need help. No. I call the next 1 . Yes. I'll work and counting to work with them for a few weeks learn what I can call the next company. Now during the week I have 3 different companies calling me to see if I can work Saturday. And I'll work for 1 of them or call another if I don't have any private jobs.

A couple weeks ago I underbid this spruce tree and they knew it. When the job was done the lady gave me an extra $200 for the job and the old man gave me a $275 tip. So I made $750 after paying 2 guys for helping.

Jackohh1412

Don’t know how relevant it is anymore but yeah modern snaps work on the notch sentinel rigging plates I was issued that saddle while working for the utility. Funny saddle

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Arbor Expo
Top Bottom