notch sentinel rigging plates

treesap

anyone use their lanyard on the rigging plates on the notch sentinel? it doesnt seem like its set up for that

treesap

idk lol
the sequia and treemotion have actual lower D rings that are also the rigging plates, where as the sentinel doesnt, seems like itd be ok for carabiners, just not rope snaps

im looking to buy a sentinel off a friend, at some point im gonna see if I can try it out before I buy it, even tho im getting a fairly good deal ($240)

Bob Bob

I have a harness that uses 4 hole rigging plates. I use my lanyard with the rigging plates all the time but I do use carabiners on my lanyard not snaps. The 4 hole rigging plates are certainly not as wide open of a target like the Treemotion ones. I've heard of some climbers flipping the 4 hole rigging plates upside down so the bigger hole is on the top for more room.

Last edited:

treesap

I have a harness that uses 4 hole rigging plates. I use my lanyard with the rigging plates all the time but I do use carabiners on my lanyard not snaps. The 4 hole rigging plates are certainly not as wide open of target like the Treemotion ones. I've heard of some climbers fliping the 4 hole rigging plates upsidedown so the bigger hole is on the top for more room.
seems like a good idea

treesap

also, what is the advantage running your lanyard on the rigging plates? as far as I know it will let you hang from your lanyard the same as your main climb line

ive heard of people using it this way on spurs, I cant imagine that working good, but I guess I will see once I try it out

Bob Bob

Climbing Arborist explained the benefits of using the front/forward rigging plates in this video. I use my side D's rarely for horizontal applications only.

Tuebor

also, what is the advantage running your lanyard on the rigging plates? as far as I know it will let you hang from your lanyard the same as your main climb line

ive heard of people using it this way on spurs, I cant imagine that working good, but I guess I will see once I try it out
What Bob said. Side Ds for spurs on the stem, leg Ds for everything else. Carabiners and modern snaps will fit in the rigging plate holes.

Christrees

It does work good...I'm always on my lower D's of my treemotion. On spurs. You can hook your lanyard on a little stub and take pressure off your spurs. It helps alot when your on spurs all day long

Christrees

Yeah every 4 to 8 ft depending on the size of the wood. I'll leave a few stubs for rigging. Any other are cut off. Yeah there's some shit I don't even post or talk about because someone would have to say something. I was taught a certain way and that how I'll do it until I learn a faster way.

treesap

same here, perhaps I shouldnt talk about allot of what I do, but hey, someone can learn from it, nobody should directly use my advise without first thinking it thru

at some point I want to get a few blocks, the CMI ones seem pretty nice

treesap

all my rigging is light enough that I can get away with some stuff, I still try to keep it clean, and proper, since bad habits and stuff

rico

Leaving stubs? A tell-tale sign of an inexperienced, uncomfortable, and/or poorly trained climber. A bad habit that should be broken immediately.

Last edited:

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts
Top Bottom