New Saddle Options?

96coal449

I can't imagine the MB being that much different, other than the leg suspension seems more traditional, and more triad hip dee congif
From what I always understood the MB was basically designed after the Onyx but with improvements.
Fixes for the Onyx shortcomings you have mentioned, provided with the MB.

I will be ordering an MB to complement my MCRS shortly.

evo

From what I always understood the MB was basically designed after the Onyx but with improvements.
Fixes for the Onyx shortcomings you have mentioned, provided with the MB.

I will be ordering an MB to complement my MCRS shortly.
yes... but... gear storage, and I want to see what the lower suspension looks like

macrocarpa

Occasionally I like to drop into saddle threads and give a shout out to the Tree Austria 3.2. Really solid work harness, comfy like the ones that cost $500, light weight, you can trick it out with all the cool bling, had mine for 5+ years.
Only $380

Someone has to sing its praises every now and then.
Tree Austria 3.2 does look like a good option too! Wonder why this saddle Seems to fly under the radar?

rope-a-dope

It's a legit good harness. Made by Drayer, not a big name like teufelberger, petzl, weaver, Buckingham etc..
I mean there is a review for every harness that puts it up against the tree motion. For good reasons, the TM is good enough to be the pop choice. But not my fave and my reason is the leg loops/gobs of pvc material. Too heavy and bulky for the amount of seat support and gives that big loaded diaper butt effect. I am a broad/large leg loop plus lighter textile guy, so I like new tribe onyx, tree austria.
Euro brands/markets have some good things that are just different, and this piece had the right price and quality for me.
I am gonna need a new ride soon and I'm looking at the new edelrid and courant belts, they seem nice, tricked out and high tech but not a big ass-pile BEFORE you even put anything on it.

macrocarpa

Im down to the monkey beaver OR onyx. Trying to find out what the wait time on the monkey beaver is since they are sold out.

27RMT0N

I got a Monkey Beaver a few months back (very happy with it) and it was sold out when I placed the order. Took about two weeks or so for it to arrive, and had a hand written date on the label showing it was made just a few days before. So it seems they are back-ordered and just shipping them out as fast as they can make them.

climbstihl

I'm very happy with my TM, but if i were to buy a new saddle I would get the treerex. I've worn it for a day, and was very impressed, especially with the adjustable bridge, and the side to lower D connection is easily adjustabke under load. Very light compared to the TM too.

macrocarpa

Couldn’t wait and Ordered the Onyx. I went through the treebuzz Archives last night for a couple hours and Found nothing but good things about it except for when spiking. I’m rarely on spikes except for the occasional dying conifer and in that case I use an old saddle that I don’t mind getting sap all over. Ordering a new saddle feels like when I was a kid looking at Powell Peralta skateboards in thrasher magazines :cool:

evo

It takes quite a bit of dialing in... Many who ordered the extra leg padding found it was unnessary or more comfortable without.
Since I have skinny thighs, and found the leg loops most comfortable tight as I can get them I use the extra padding.

Barc Buster

I'll chim in with another positive review of the onyx. Been using mine for 2 years now and really like it. As evo mentioned it takes a bit to get it dialed in but once that's done it's a great saddle. I haven't had a problem with it on spurs, but that's only 20-30% of my climbing.

macrocarpa

I’ve done a couple pruning jobs with the Onyx and it’s exactly what I was looking for! I got the accessory leg pads which make it more comfortable. Still messing with some of the adjustments but it’s so much better than having my legs pinched together with that bench seat from the Buckingham. The gladiator suspenders work good with it, shembiner, And I added an extra rope bridge.

Attachments

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom