Munter hitch for lowering limbs

treesap

Can’t do that with palms if taking the head...
I have exactly no experience with palm trees, how heavy are they on a scale of something like pine to oak (a language I understand)

id figure, a ring and small portawrap, or a wrap around the tree would be good enough, kinda hard to put wraps on limbs when the tree doesnt have limbs

Chaplain242

I have exactly no experience with palm trees, how heavy are they on a scale of something like pine to oak (a language I understand)

id figure, a ring and small portawrap, or a wrap around the tree would be good enough, kinda hard to put wraps on limbs when the tree doesnt have limbs
If using groundys a portawrap works, but When doing solo the head will impact whatever you are using - when doing heads that weigh 180-250 lbs one doesn’t want long falls before it hits, and off centre belays systems have a very high chance of slipping around the trunk.

A munter has the lowest energy negative rigging as it’s so compact, and a steel biner isn’t going to get damaged.

the point I was making is that it is another tool in the toolbox that is useful enough to make it worthy of remembering...

treesap

the point I was making is that it is another tool in the toolbox that is useful enough to make it worthy of remembering...
very valid point

I have many little tricks that ive only used once or twice, but saved my butt

such as running a bight of climb line thru my side D, and clipping an HMS carabiner thru it, and using that for added friction when rappelling, kinda hard to explain, but I think you get the idea, maybe its time I design an Arial friction device specific for what your talking about

small, light, mid line attachable, throw in ideas

Phil

Rope wrap friction.jpg I do some simple self wraps on the line from time to time. Light duty stuff, straight down rigs, add or remove wraps to change friction.

I'm going to toy around with the munter. Its a good one to be familiar with for sure.

Jonny

Now that’s a new one to me.
Reckon it can be a pain in the ass to maneuver the piece to lay anywhere else but straight down, but interesting trick!

Mowerr

I think Buckingham or somebody makes a really small porta wrap. I saw it on the internet and thiught that it was interestingbut probably too big or heavy. Then my boss bought one recently but I haven't had the chance to use it yet though after seeing it in person I can't believe how small it is and would totally use it for stuff like this. I totally forgot he got that and this thread reminds me I should put that thing in the truck Tuesday when we go back to work.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts
Top Bottom