How to be an Excellent Climber---from the Groundie

Bendroctanus

Participating member
I’ve got no problem coming down from the tree if the team isn’t acting like one, not safe for anyone that way
Oh I agree with you. And that is a great attitude to have. I would prefer to work with someone like you. I just meant in my experience, production usually overrules a policy like that one. Every crew should be that way, but it’s unfortunate that not all of them are.

Oh I agree with you. And that is a great attitude to have. I would prefer to work with someone like you. I just meant in my experience, production usually overrules a policy like that one. Every crew should be that way, but it’s unfortunate that not all of them are.
Good points. I have seen it too, unfortunately, when I was still mainly a groundman. If I’m leading the job though, everyone needs to be respectful of each other at the least

96coal449

Carpal tunnel level member
I recently removed a large spruce, inches away from the house. In fact the root mass had started to lift the porch, Many branches were over the house so roping was required. I had thought of putting my truck out in the distance and tying the end of a zip line to the hitch, and using a steel figure 8 in the tree for friction control so i could work solo. Downside is my truck would have been in the neighbors field and right next to a busy state rt.

I brought my wife in to "run rope." She did all she could and I give her credit for it. She used a porty for the anchor and I would take over from there with natty crotch from above as she took the rope out of the porty.
About half way up i lowered a fairly large branch which forked out a few feet from the cut. I did not leave any stubs but a large collar at a slight bend in the spar caught the fork. I pulled it up a bit and let it ride some to clear. At this point the end was stuffed in on the ground some and there she went .....

"Now what am I supposed to do with this?!?!" Previously she was grabbing the tips and pulling the branches away from the tree to keep the area clear for work as I lowered them. I can't trust her to run a saw without putting herself in harms way without supervision." I can't handle a branch like this laying on the ground!!! DON:T DO THIS TO ME AGAIN!''

I had to bite my tongue pretty hard as much as I wanted to bomb out of the tree and say f this. She dosen't know any better. God bless her heart, she did all she could.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Arbor Expo BayLeafDigital
Top Bottom