Gear bags and more gear bags

oldoakman

I have a guy that I have been teaching to climb and he got one of these. It is definitely a seemingly well made bag with LOTS of room, but I'm with you, the name just doesn't do it for me. I wonder if it can be scratched off somehow.

I have one of the old sherrill yellow Line Luggage gear bags that I bought off a guy after my gear got stolen in 2015. It holds a ton of my stuff but it is real floppy. I put 2 plexiglas stays in it that help but sometimes not enough. I have the same type Baileys knock off bag in my northern gear stash that is much better at standing up by itself, but is made of much flimsier material. Good thing it only sees action a couple times a year. The price on that one was right though $49.

27RMT0N

My gear "bag" is 6 of these totes behind the seat in the truck. At the job I pull one out, throw it in my wagon, fill it with whatever special gear I need for the job, and go. Easy to hose out and never suck moisture in via the bottoms when working in muck https://amzn.to/3q1Ic7R

I keep climbing gear in my cab basically the same way, though it looks like you have more space behind the seat than me.

DSCN7228 (Custom).JPG

Treetopflyer

I love the tuefelberger bags and they are tough and breathable for gear.. bomb them out of high crown from crane lifts for years, no problem. My main 50 liter holds 200 foot of line easy and saddle throw hook with cordage , 4 bulldogg bones , 2 wrenche set up, spare hitch cords , throw cube, hand saw, and probably more shit im forgetting, could even stuff helmet on top.

Arborspective

I have a 50L arbortech bag, and its pretty good but I have some complaints. I can comfortably fit a 150ft rope, a 200ft rope, my harness, lanyard, base anchor, hand saw, throw line, and other jangly bits perfectly. It stands erect so it works quite well as a rope bag, and is surprisingly good at keeping stuff dry.

what I wish it did better, though, is mostly organization. There are three exterior pockets of different kinds but they are each a bit imperfect: one velcro topped pouch, and mesh pouch with a open top, and a zipper pocket that zips along three sides. the mesh and velcro pockets allow things to spill out when tipped over, and the mesh pocket is kind of flimsy and is starting to fall apart. the zipper pocket, when fully unzipped, allows the entire contents of the pocket to spill. I also wish there was a dedicated sheath for a handsaw similar to ice axe sleeves on some mountaineering bags.
Do you have the duffel style or bucket style arbortech bag? I was looking to get the duffle style one for some of my personal things that i currently carry in an under armour duffel. Haix chainsaw boots, arbpro boots, extra socks, gloves, extra sthil safety glasses, extra chainsaw pants, and change of underwear for those oh s**t moments.

Flying~Squirrel

Do you have the duffel style or bucket style arbortech bag? I was looking to get the duffle style one for some of my personal things that i currently carry in an under armour duffel. Haix chainsaw boots, arbpro boots, extra socks, gloves, extra sthil safety glasses, extra chainsaw pants, and change of underwear for those oh s**t moments.
The bucket kind

Phil

Something to consider is Notch brand has a lifetime warranty.

I have the pro deluxe with 200' line, harness, throw cube, handsaw, friction save, pouch with ascenders on the inside. Outside has ultra slings and loop runners clipped into daisy loops. Helmet stays hooked to the outside with the chin strap when I'm backpacking it in. I only wish the two side pouches had more material to allow them to open away from the bag more. I.e. more volume. They are basically flat pockets you can stuff mail into. I keep extra buffs and a pair of gloves in there.

I'm seeing lots of good bags posted here I would never have come across. Good shares.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom