Finished up the new truck finally

VenasNursery

That's a sweet truck VenasNursery, you sure have nice gear. On that backup cam, I assume there is an aftermarket screen mounted on your dash? What system and are you liking it so far? Does it only come on in reverse or on all the time?

And now that we are all talking about trucks, mine is a 2001 F350 with the 7.3 diesel. Not a speck of rust (gotta love it, and I'll NEVER buy vehicles from salt-states) and just a few hundred miles away from hitting 100,000 so hardly broke in. Bought from the classic 'old guy who used it for his camper.' I had to spend a bunch on the transmission and wear parts, but other than that it's been great.
The camera was an option from Ford

Mitch Hoy

What a nice setup, well thought out and looks great. Interesting to hear your new Fords have been so dependable.

We have two 7.3’s that never give us any problems beyond replacing the glow plug mod every couple years. I am about to put some money into reconditioning the body of one, it’s a tuned up F250 that has been a very dependable workhorse for hauling.

Meanwhile, we are on week 5 or 6 of getting our Ram 6.7 DEF system fixed, and Chrysler’s components costs over 3x what we paid for fixing the DEF system on our 6.7 Freightliner (same Cummins). To be fair, our local Chrysler dealership has been overall decent to work with considering what is within their control.

VenasNursery

So how do you like the new 7.3 gas VenasNursery? Having a F600 chip truck with the new 7.3 gas being built as we speak. Hopefully it has enough power fully loaded.
We love ours but we run a 650 and 750 both with V10 and 14x72 chip box and pull a 15k lbs chipper
All do fine 7 mpg and fire up in 0 degrees weather
Last week took a hour for our dt466 to start and 2 hours to get the air brakes to work
We love our gas trucks!

VenasNursery

We love ours but we run a 650 and 750 both with V10 and 14x72 chip box and pull a 15k lbs chipper
All do fine 7 mpg and fire up in 0 degrees weather
Last week took a hour for our dt466 to start and 2 hours to get the air brakes to work
We love our gas trucks!
And as far as 7.3 gas is a rocket ship compared to our V10’s

Will stein

And as far as 7.3 gas is a rocket ship compared to our V10’s
Alright, really looking forward to the build finishing up. This is it currently. It will have 4-4" toolboxes running underneath each side. Im in Mass and the truck is being built in Florida. Didn't have a chance to test drive the chassis before the build.

Attachments

• IMG_1779.jpg
    IMG_1779.jpg
    374.7 KB · Views: 29

VenasNursery

Alright, really looking forward to the build finishing up. This is it currently. It will have 4-4" toolboxes running underneath each side. Im in Mass and the truck is being built in Florida. Didn't have a chance to test drive the chassis before the build.
Gorgeous
You should be happy
Love the aluminum but would like to see smooth sides for optimum advertisement

Reach

Good point. But I love seeing the construction on the outside. Thanks for the compliment.
We had a similarly constructed body built last fall, and had the builder put a large sheet of aluminum on the outside to allow us to put our normal lettering on. Cheaper than building a double wall box, and still keeps the smooth walls inside for clean dumping.

Will stein

We had a similarly constructed body built last fall, and had the builder put a large sheet of aluminum on the outside to allow us to put our normal lettering on. Cheaper than building a double wall box, and still keeps the smooth walls inside for clean dumping.
Good point. Generally we only run logos on the sides of the cab doors but a large peice of aluminum might look nice. Thanks for the advice!

Reach

Good point. Generally we only run logos on the sides of the cab doors but a large peice of aluminum might look nice. Thanks for the advice!
You’re welcome! This is what we did with ours, and it does look nice. We just put our web address on the sides of the box, in letters 10” tall.

Attachments

• 91ECC263-7210-4549-A341-30C2C418085C.jpeg
    91ECC263-7210-4549-A341-30C2C418085C.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 24

Will stein

So here it is all finished up. I made the box tall enough so I can drive my giant 254t up 12" aluminum ramps and into the box. Its going to be a one rig tree care machine. It will pull a bandit 1390hd behind it. Sorry Venasnursery, not trying to hijack your thread. Btw venas, that's one bad ass truck you built. Love the extended hitch. Great fab work

Attachments

• IMG_1810.jpg
    IMG_1810.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 23

arborandearth

So here it is all finished up. I made the box tall enough so I can drive my giant 254t up 12" aluminum ramps and into the box. Its going to be a one rig tree care machine. It will pull a bandit 1390hd behind it. Sorry Venasnursery, not trying to hijack your thread. Btw venas, that's one bad ass truck you built. Love the extended hitch. Great fab work
What is the too height of the gates? Wondering if a mini can dump over the top.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom