Bleeding Hi-ranger bucket contols

Jehinten

This is just speculation, but if you mean up in the handle of the pistol grip then there us likely a normally closed valve and when you squeeze it it opens allowing air flow. A bad connection, cracked line, or a partially stuck open valve could all be the source of the air leak. Maybe try spraying the area with soapy water like checking a tire for a leak?

The bleeding of these lines still have me puzzled, but admittingly I have not needed to service that portion of the controls so I am just guessing here.

Spo307

I used a 1 gallon weed sprayer put the small quarter inch feral fitting on the end of the tube put hydraulic fluid in and pump the tube that goes up to the reservoir up in the pistol grip kept pumping to keep a pressure of 20 to 30 PSI in the system and then open the bleed screw on each of the controls till all the air was out of the tubes it’s much faster than holding the palm switch and waiting for it to cycle

Elwood09

Just to follow up, I have since gotten this repaired and wanted to share what I did in case anyone else needs the info on their truck. I continued to try and bleed the controls like I explained above and was not getting anywhere, so I decided to rebuild the pistol grip controller up by the bucket, assuming that if air was getting into the system it had to be there as the only connections were up at the bucket controls and down at the bottom controls. The controller rebuild was fairly simple, there are 6 functions and each one has 4 o-rings in it to replace. The job took me about 3 hours but could have been done quicker. Once reassembled I continued the bleeding process explained above and managed to get all 6 functions working again.

Edit: forgot to mention, to rebuild the pistol grip controller only cost $8, well worth it to go ahead and rebuild. Especially if your having trouble bleeding the lines.
Do you know where you got the rebuild kit for the pistol grip

Jehinten

Do you know where you got the rebuild kit for the pistol grip
I took one of each o-ring to a local shop that had a large inventory. They had each one that I needed.

Before going there I stopped by Grainger and got a bit of a run around. A lengthy process of the guy trying to measure them, then being told that I had to buy a minimum of a 100 of a certain size, then they we're the wrong size anyways. The other shop sold me only what I needed and had me set up in about 5 mins.

VenasNursery

I took one of each o-ring to a local shop that had a large inventory. They had each one that I needed.

Before going there I stopped by Grainger and got a bit of a run around. A lengthy process of the guy trying to measure them, then being told that I had to buy a minimum of a 100 of a certain size, then they we're the wrong size anyways. The other shop sold me only what I needed and had me set up in about 5 mins.
The right shop sure makes a difference

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom