Bleeding Hi-ranger bucket contols

Jehinten

im having the same problem nothing is coming from the lines on the upper controls do you have a manual or info can't find anything online
I do not have a manual. From what you've described, have you taken the line off at the upper controller , and you do not get any fluid out of it? Just one function or all 6?

TreeCo

Mine has an air pressure controlled 'dead man' switch that was supplied air from a pencil lead sized tubing. It connects to the pistol grip.

Chase carey

It appears to have the low pressure system. basically the low pressure physically pulls and pushes your lower levers to allow the boom to move.

At this point I'd fly the boom up and down a few times to try and dislodge any trapped air. I remember it was very frustrating for me when I did mine, but a relief once I got the first system to work because I realized I was in fact bleeding it correctly. As you mentioned there is not much info out there on this procedure. I was even happy when I found that when I tried to rotate right that it actually went left, bc that's an easy fix once its finally to the point of operating.

If memory serves me correctly I spent a week of evenings bleeding my system after replacing all of the tubing. It was definitely 3-4 evenings if it wasn't a week. I also went through nearly 5 gallons of hydro fluid bleeding all of the lines.
What type of tubing did you use I need to replace all of my tubing found some called naraflow type h i believe that may work

Chase carey

I do not have a manual. From what you've described, have you taken the line off at the upper controller , and you do not get any fluid out of it? Just one function or all 6?
It gets a little coming out the supply line i need to replace the tubing it was leaking from where someone pieced together with air brake tubing what kind of tubing do i need to get i found some online called naraflow type h 1/4"

Jehinten

It gets a little coming out the supply line i need to replace the tubing it was leaking from where someone pieced together with air brake tubing what kind of tubing do i need to get i found some online called naraflow type h 1/4"
I let the hydraulic shop order the tubing for me to ensure that I had the correct tubing, so I'm unsure what the brand was. Just a heads up, pulling this tubing through the boom is quite the chore, at one point I was on an extension ladder pushing the tubing in the elbow while someone pulled on the other end and we could only move it one inch at a time. I also used electrical cable lubricant to help it slide in. You may choose to just let the hydro shop handle it for you unless you want a challenge.

One other thing I found out while doing mine, I had went through and taped my new bundle of tubing about every foot or so to keep the bundle straight and tight only to find that the channel in the boom is oblong and the round bundle that I made would not fit in the boom. If you wish to tape your bundle to keep it all in line with each other, don't bother taping more than about every 5 feet as you'll be pulling the tape off as it goes in the boom.

Chase carey

Hello. I found a few pics of when I rebuilt this, hopefully they will help. View attachment 66519 I'm not sure how closely you've looked at yours, but this component is on the bottom where the hydraulic tubing connects. View attachment 66520 This is the main body, looking at the top side. You can see the linkages next to the one already disassembled, this linkage is shown in the next photo. View attachment 66521

All seals and o-rings and locations are marked in the pictures, and all 6 linkages are identical.
How do you get the seal out of the one in the 2nd picture?

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom