Search results

  1. Stumpsprouts

    Fascism, American-Style

    Also, beware hearing something you want to believe. Especially these days. Anything can be spun to fit whatever narrative you want to hear. Recognize your own personal biases and keep looking for real, tangible information.
  2. Stumpsprouts

    CEO murder... somethings not right

    I’m not going to say what I really think about all this :) One conspiracy I will support Daniel is that the government keeps tabs of our online conversations. Not to mention this forum is semi public.
  3. Stumpsprouts

    CEO murder... somethings not right

    You’re complaining that folks won’t sacrifice a days wage when they’re living paycheck to paycheck, potentially risking losing their job and being homeless in a heartbeat? People are just trying to survive.
  4. Stumpsprouts

    Wood pellet cat litter

    We love feline pine. It’s the pellet kind. But our cats are indoor outdoor and only use it for pee. God only knows where they poop. When it’s getting a bit mushy I scatter it all in the meadow.
  5. Stumpsprouts

    Yellow-bellied SapSuckers

    Why won’t burlap work in this case? People still like zelkovas? Carpinus is such a better option for a similar size and habit (assuming you’re posting from Mt Airy NC)
  6. Stumpsprouts

    When You Don't Have the Right Gear...

    Sticht hitch if it requires SRT, but preference for DRT VT or Blakes hitch. Especially if it’s a rec climb / training climb, DRT can be a little more beginner friendly, as you also can skip the ascenders.
  7. Stumpsprouts

    Happy Holidays!

    “May your heart be light!”
  8. Stumpsprouts

    anyone successfully start a business with no equipment or land?

    Just a quick note to say that almost none of the companies I know of in my area *own* land, they lease, so I definitely wouldn’t worry about that aspect of things.
  9. Stumpsprouts

    Protective chainsaw shoes

    That was not the case for me with the AirPower- they fit great right off the bat. And they are quite durable. Fairly heavy and stiffer than other boot types, of course.
  10. Stumpsprouts

    T542i advice for longer and better using

    That does look like the grease tool for a bar nose sprocket. At the risk of sounding stupid, why does this saw need it’s clutch to be greased regularly when I’ve never heard of doing that for any other chainsaw? Or did I just miss that detail in chainsaw maintenance 101?
  11. Stumpsprouts

    Where to start?

    I’m visiting NYC right now and crashed the holiday party of the company I started doing tree work with 11 years ago. I met a few amazing people including a a late-in-life climber, she started when she was 43. Never too late, I say.
  12. Stumpsprouts

    T542i advice for longer and better using

    I was using a brand new 542 with a new 200x battery with supposedly full charge in my hand two days ago taking out a tuliptree. Temps started at 50 degrees but then dipped to freezing. I made a few minor rigs- then I working on a 6” notch and it crapped out on me. I kept turning it on and off as...
  13. Stumpsprouts

    Haul-back line for remote rigging point.

    It looks like a good set up for span rigging.. You could set the hard tie of the span rig line from the ground… Send up the end of the line in a running bowline, with a secondary rope of some sort tied on the tail to retrieve it from the ground at the end of the rig. It doesn't seem from the...
  14. Stumpsprouts

    The joke I got fired over

    So sorry to hear this! Who doesn’t know what ‘dark humor’ is?? Are you in the Midwest or something??
  15. Stumpsprouts

    When the customer leaves to "take a walk."

    I feel you, but damn jobber makes it easy. Invoiced the client in the driveway on my phone in about 20 seconds this morning.
  16. Stumpsprouts

    Cold weather gloves

    This came back to bite me. 15 degrees rn Arctictuff gloves are pretty great.
  17. Stumpsprouts

    When the customer leaves to "take a walk."

    I thought it was less of a ‘book’ and more of a ‘wad’ under the ‘mattress’ Great way to hand out holiday bonuses!
  18. Stumpsprouts

    When the customer leaves to "take a walk."

    30% deposit when quote is approved, most pay online after the work is done when they are invoiced. You float a little money, but it’s classy to not have to bring it up when you’re packing up. If they have ya a check, sweet. Don’t lose it!
  19. Stumpsprouts

    Cold weather gloves

    I honestly haven't met a glove that worked for me as far as being able to tie knots, ascend, feed chipper... keeping my core warm has worked really well for me... in particular having a merino wool gator and puffy ass vest. And a thermos of tea. I don't wear gloves even in the cold. But if the...
  20. Stumpsprouts

    Need innovative idea for spiraling Christmas lights in taller trees

    One of the more raucous connection points at the arboretum. Caleb in a Kentucky Coffeetree. You gotta get out and up. One of my orbs. So simple.

New threads New posts

Back
Top Bottom